12.11.2008

crocky

it's been a few days since i've posted a recipe, and tonight i've got a real hummdinger, just in case anyone cares. this stuff is g-o-o-d...unless you're my vegetarian mother, in which case you may make it for my dad and brothers and then watch in disgust as they devour it. anyways. tonight i made crock pot ribs for mr. dave and myself and they were delicious; we didn't even need knives to cut them up they were so tender. the recipe goes tentatively as follows:
1. Cut up an onion. Toss it in the bottom of your crock pot. 2. Pat salt and pepper onto all sides of the (raw/delicious) ribs. Throw those in the crock, too. 3. Dump a bottle (yes, the entire thing) of KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce in there. 4. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. I made mashed potatoes to go along with it and my husband was a happy man.
side note: the slow cooker liners pictured above are amazing. i highly advise that you go get some if you don't have any.

ok so this blog has been sort of lame but dinner was really good tonight. dave and i are the boring sort..is it really so bad if we want to eat a plate of ribs and then watch youtube videos of horses? i mean, really. this is living.
i hope everyone's enjoying holiday season preparations!

2 comments:

  1. So I have to say my mouth is completely drooling! I am officially craving ribs and mashed potatoes. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nate ate the same thing for dinner tonight thanks to your recipe. He LOVED it, his tummy was very happy with a whole 6 lbs of ribs, and 4 cups of mashed potatoes to himself [as in, he didn't save me any for when I got off work].

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!