12.15.2009

floofy


these last few days have been soo mellow...it's been wonderful.  the bitter cold has lightened up in rexburg, the wind has died down, and the snow now feels almost peaceful.  i wish it could stay like this all winter.  i don't have anything super interesting to write about, but here are some quick bullets about the ins and outs of the last few days:

- david surprised me with lilies yesterday! they're my favorite; what a guy. they are now proudly displayed in a red plastic cup on top of my tv (i broke my flower vase a couple months ago). i love that i married someone who knows how much the little things can mean.

- my neighbor and fhe buddy stacy fixed my computer today!! this is big, great news as my macbook has been driving me crazy for seriously the past year.  it's been slow, i can't pull word up (which i kinda sort of need as a college student..), and itunes, iphoto, and safari all take forever to pull up, too.  she ran some sort of quick scan that my computer does that i didn't know about and...voila! it's fixed! i feel sort of stupid for not knowing about this before, but i'm glad i didn't buy a new computer like i was thinking i would have to.  thanks, stacy!! stacy also let me hold her gorgeous little boy for a while today--another highlight.  he's the sweetest baby.

- the store had an AWESOME day today. it never gets old; i love seeing people get excited over our clothes.

- i made a meal plan and we're sticking to it! last night we had crock pot steak tacos (steak = an onion, packet of taco seasoning, and a chuck roast in the crock pot for 6-8 hours. softest, most amazing taco meat ever. thanks for the delicious recipe, mom!), and tonight it's spaghetti caliente. i know how cliche it sounds, but i love having a hot dinner on the table for my husband instead of eating out or microwaving something quick.

- we're gearing up to have my parents here this weekend, and then leave for GEORGIA for christmas in less than a week!  so excited to be done with this semester and have my husband back. not so excited for nick and brooke to be graduating and leaving me :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!