3.23.2010

spring

i was so very excited when spring decided to say hello to rexburg...until it started HAILING yesterday. are you kidding me?! HAIL. today's a little better, but not by much. amidst this disappointment, i thought i would share some things that are bringing spring into my life despite the crap weather rexburg's throwing at us.

+ rice krispies! so easy and so cheap and soo good.
+ dates with david and jessica to jackson hole to eat at a place called bubba's. it was a fun time...until we went into a store that sold ANIMAL CARCASSES and i almost started crying. but, my hot date held my hand the whole way home and even kissed me good night. p.s...i don't think i look like me in this picture, but david looks like himself! KA-UUTE!
+ this scripture:
D&C 128:23: Let the mountains shout for joy, and all ye valleys cry aloud; and all ye seas and dry lands tell the wonders of your Eternal King! And ye rivers, and brooks, and rills, flow down with gladness. Let the woods and all the trees of the field praise the Lord; and ye solid rocks weep for joy! And let the sun, moon, and the morning stars sing together, and let all the sons of God shout for joy! And let the eternal creations declare his name forever and ever! And again I say, how glorious is the voice we hear from heaven, proclaiming in our ears, glory, and salvation, and honor, and immortality, and eternal life; kingdoms, principalities, and powers!
+ dr. christopher's beauty facial cream. nope, it's not avon or clinique or anything fancy. i would even say it's a touch greasy, and david would even say it smells funny...but it's great. it has saved my dry, crackly, lizard skin face this winter. i put it on at night before bed and in the morning, my skin feels soft and juuust right (bonus: it doesn't make me break out!).
+ and finally, this picture of my gorgeous mama rockin' the bindi in belize on a yoga retreat last week. doesn't she look so happy?? you know how sometimes you see a picture of a person, and it looks just like them...like not a fake smiley picture, or a posed resemblance of them, but truly how you see that person in your brain when you think about them?? that's how i feel about this picture of my mom. i think she is beautiful.

4 comments:

  1. oh the hail... i wept.

    BUBBA'S!!!!!! I love that place! I grew up in Wyoming so it's a staple restaurant for me... i'd sell a kidney for some of their ribs right now!

    you look adorable in that pic, love the necklace too!

    and your mom is beautiful, she looks so confident and glowy... i want to be just like that one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hail= worst day EVER
    Rice Krispies= a sudden craving
    Bubba's= my favorite restauran in the WORLD (seriously, ask Scott)
    Your mom= stunning.

    You= one of my favorite people ever.

    (P.S. The word verification is "nousche" and if you spelled that with a d, it's too crude for my liking)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT'S YOUR MOM?!

    She's gorgeous! I think she looks more like a sister than a mom!

    I miss you... and Carrie... I'm holed up in my house, packing like crazy. Consequently, my house looks like it's been ransacked. I need a Panache afternoon!

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!