5.09.2010

mommies

image via

happy mother's day!
i am so grateful for the beautiful mothers in my life...

for my own mom, who's influenced who i am today so much that i'm pretty sure i'm just turning into her...and i'm ok with that :) you're my bestest friend, you're hilarious, and you're strong in a way that will always make you come out on top. i love you ofum.

for the mom who raised the love of my life, who's influence shaped the most sensitive, caring, giving man i know. candy, you're such amazing example to me...the love you have for your children shines through in everything you do, and your beautiful marriage is such a great example to david and i.

for the grandparents who started traditions of awesome parenting.

and for EVERY SINGLE mother (and mother-to-be) i know...you're amazing! i don't know how you do it. each and every one of you blows my mind!

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.  I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived." -Marjorie Pay Hinckley

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Princess. You give me WAY too much credit. You are you because you are wonderful. Thank you for making me feel special, though. I love you.

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!