6.15.2010

l'amour

 image via weheartit

one of my best friends is getting married this weekend. i'm so so excited.
rach is one of the most beautiful people i know and she deserves all the happiness in the world. i couldn't be more excited for her to marry the love of her life & i feel so honored that she asked me to be a part of her big day!
well, we bought a plane ticket as soon as we knew what the wedding date was going to be and i've been planning this semester around the weekend at home. in each of my live (not on-line) classes, i'm allowed 3 absences before it starts hitting my grade big time, so i've had to be careful to save one absence for this weekend, and then try to leave the other ones for potential sick days or something.

well, beyond avoiding absences there hasn't been much i could do about getting these classes taken care of before thursday (when i leave) except wait for assignments to open up and then get to work on them ASAP.
i've been shocked at how many things have fallen into place for me to be out of town this weekend, though!

one example: my brit lit teacher decided to cancel class on thursday for "juneivus" or some medieval something. i had no idea what the guy was talking about, but that's an absence i don't have to use now!

another example: one of my on-line teachers decided (for no apparent reason) to spread out the amount of work we'd normally do in one week over two weeks. so i only have to do 1/2 the work i was planning on.

a third example: my grammar workbook, which i usually spend a few hours on, had an amazingly short chapter this week and i spent a total of 45 minutes on it this afternoon. done.

i'm so happy things are working out for me to be with my bff this weekend!!
rach has been by my side in through thick and thin, at both my best and my worst.
i'm excited to be by her side on her special day :)

4 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time at your best friend's wedding! My best friend is getting married next summer, and I'm already so excited.

    I'm your newest follower :-) And also, I saw on your profile bio that we share the same wedding date! Very cool. 8/2/08 was a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a great time. I know seeing my BFF get married was so emotional and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog :) it is simply adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am officially a blogger!!! lol so follow me! Miss you! I came by to visit the other day and you were gone :(

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!