7.10.2010

because there's no other way it could be

david & i; winter 2008
a few weeks after i moved to rexburg in 2007, i was on a date. we went back to his apartment to watch a movie and his roommate was sitting on the couch with his arm around another girl.

my date introduced me to him. "this is brandilyn. brandilyn, my roommate dave."

even though the date i was on was going pretty well, i distinctly remember thinking that the roommate sitting on the couch was the most handsome man i'd ever seen in real life.

and that was the first time i ever saw my husband. :)

we were on a double date last night with scott and siobhan and we told them about how we met. i've been thinking about it ever since...it's funny how things work out just as they're supposed to.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so so so glad you married we Dave. We're kinda fond of the dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you found us

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of you two is ADORABLE. Although, I have to point out that it looks like Dave has a pointy chin-beard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ACK! you're right, carrie, it looks like he has a jafar beard! i swear it's just a weird shadow. dave's much too classy for such a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen. I also love this picture.

    When I became friends with my husband, he was playing my husband in a one-act play, and engaged to someone else. But everyone ended up with the right people.

    Also I commented mostly so that I could use the phrase "my husband."

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!