8.27.2010

beating belinda

 i get horribly, awfully grumpy sometimes.

i often feel like it comes out of nowhere. i'll be having a perfectly wonderful day and then, all of a sudden*, something makes me snap and i feel unreasonably angry. even though i often realize i'm being unreasonable, i can't help it. it makes me feel like screaming or crying or stomping me feet or something.

to be honest, i'm pretty embarrassed about it, since i like to think of myself as level-headed and calm and happy. i guess i have an alter-ego, a really ugly and immature one.  i've decided to name her  belinda**. i hate that name.  belinda is an ugly, screaming 4 year-old. you'd probably see her laying on the floor in the cereal aisle of the grocery store, having a tantrum while her mother (the normal brandilyn) stands red-faced to the side, trying desperately to calm her down. belinda is mean to my husband and short-tempered with my customers, and i hate her for that.

i'm not really sure what the point of this post is.
i guess belinda's here to visit for a while, and i'm trying frantically to lock her in the closet and ground her forever.

* does it irritate anyone else when people say "all of the sudden"? i'm pretty sure both brandilyn and belinda are irritated by that one.
**no offense to any belindas out there, of course.

4 comments:

  1. I have the same problem, and I have no idea why it happens or how to get rid of it fast either. My boyfriend and I call it "the beast" jokingly, but I think I'm going to come up with a more appealing name like yours. If you find a cure, please post about it!!! I'd love to find one for the occasional alter ego that seems to appear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are hilarious, and speak for all of us. I need to come up with my alter-ego four year-old name. She's a monster sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO TRUE. but usually i'm "belinda" only when hungry. my husband will shove a piece of cheese in my mouth and i'm pleasant again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. L, my husband laughed when he read your comment and said "this is so true for you!" (meaning for me) i'm heinous when i'm hungry. we usually just get a $1 burger so he can have his wife back.

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!