10.26.2010

from thailand with love

my mom went to thailand on a yoga retreat. she's also been to costa rica and belize, and every time i get so jealous and wait eagerly for her to return to the states and enthrall me with her tales from abroad. you can read about her adventures in thailand here. i always get so jealous hearing about the crazy and exotic things she does in other countries while i sit in a classroom in rexburg, idaho. someday david and i will travel the world! but until then, we'll hear my mom's stories and imagine we're there.
another cool thing about my mom: she just performed in the grand national rodeo with her drill team. way talented.

well, i got an envelope in the mail yesterday that contained this:
holy cuteness!! here's a close up of the elephants:
!!!
elephants AND turquoise? she knows me well.
thanks a million, mom! it was very unexpected and thoughtful and i just love having a little piece of thailand in my little apartment. it's hanging proudly above my record player, just waiting for me to put all sorts of secret things into the little pockets.

2 comments:

  1. I remember when you posted about your mom going on a retreat. Or maybe I read it on hers when I was busy stalking? that was when she went to belize i think though. She is super cool. I love that she does stuff like that. OH AND THOSE PANTS TWO POSTS DOWN ARE AWESOME. i wish i was skinny so i could wear them. love youuu

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic! I love it!

    (Also, the word verification is an actual word. "Hyper." Hm.)

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!