11.13.2010

looking grown-up

boots: modcloth; tights: target; skirt: ny&co; shirt: gap; necklace: panache; perfume: heavenly by VS
on day 6, i looked like a doofus!
well, maybe not a doofus. doofus is a strong word, you know. i just couldn't seem to smile with my eyes open and posing for this picture felt awkward. &i know no one cares what my perfume is in the 30for30, i just wanted you to know i smell good today :)

do you want to hear a funny story about this skirt?
i didn't meet david's family until 2 days before our wedding. true story. i had talked to them on the phone and emailed and all that, but we met in person for the first time just 2 days before the big day.  i was so nervous to meet them.

i was convinced that they would think i was some young, dumb, blonde, california girl...i thought this because i am blonde, i'm from california, i was only 19, and it's not uncommon for me to do dumb things. anyways, i really wanted them to like me. i somehow became convinced that if i looked mature and put together, they would fall in love with me.
so my mom and i did what we always do in stressful situations: we went shopping.
i picked out a few sensible and "grown-up" looking items, including this black skirt. 
maybe you can guess where this story is going.
i don't think david's family cared one bit what i was wearing when i met them. they are the most laid-back, kindest people you could ever meet and i immediately felt silly for ever thinking my clothes would affect their opinion of me. and now that i think about it, they raised my soul mate...so what was i so worried about!?

today is day 14. a photo of one of your favourite family members
this is the group that came to our wedding weekend from georgia and i remember my mom telling me over and over again that weekend that i totally lucked out in the in-law department. i agree 100%.

3 comments:

  1. I love this outfit as a whole but I think the boots and necklace take it from cute office outfit to fun! In the end it is ust cute cute cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those boots. love love loveeeeeeee :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's really a cute story about the skirt and meeting your future-in-laws. see, they dont' care! and you don't look like a doofus at all :) loving the boots too!

    hope you're having a good weekend

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!