11.08.2010

on fashion

button up: panache; sweater: h&m; belt: anthropologie; skinny jeans: target; boots: target

on day one of the 30x30 challenge, i wet my pants.
not really, i just walked home from campus in the rain, my pants got wet, and then david had to leave so i asked him to quickly take my outfit picture. also, the flash made it look like i've got 6 inches of dark roots, which i SO don't. promise. someday i might be a photoshop ninja. someday i might have photoshop.

and now, for your viewing pleasure, another photo of me looking fashionable:
this is my family about 6 years ago.
how do you like that inch of white stomach showing? and the messy hair?
but mostly, how do you like brian glaring off into the distance?
this was before we had a digital camera, and brian was so mad about having to take family pictures that he ruined an entire roll of film with that scowl. his punishment was that we had to do them over a few nights later...and that we'll be showing this photo at his wedding someday.
today is day 9. a photo of your family

also, right now there is an alvin and the chipmunks version on 'all the single ladies' playing in the ballroom above my apartment. and that is all i have to say.

11 comments:

  1. hilarious on ALL accounts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dig your first look. I would never think to pair a button up with a cardigan...it seems like it would feel too bulky...but clearly it looks fabulous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your hair is getting LONG!!! I LOVE it!! You're beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl! You are ROCKING this! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brandilyn you are so beautiful! I love the outfit and the fam. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey—friend of Syd's here. love those boots! Target sometimes has fantastic shoes.

    and sorry you wet your pants, you still look super cute though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really loving the multiple shades of blues all together - I don't think I would have thought to combine them but I LOVE it! Oh yeah and that belt rocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i LOVE that you belted OVER the cardigan. and is that a chambray button-down i see? awesome. i can never do that without it looking like your typical canadian tuxedo.

    also, i love your hair. even though i guess that's not really part of the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the look and love your blog! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh I LOVE your style. A simple cardi and some boots are always perfect. ha ha I'm pretty sure I have that exact picture too....one inch of stomach and all.
    Wearing It On My Sleeves

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!