12.15.2010

i get by with a little help from my friends

i firmly believe that girlfriends are essential in life.
i've never had tons of friends. i don't really know why...i don't make it hard for people to get to know me or anything, i just very much prefer to have a few really close friends.

keep that in mind when i tell you that two of my closest friends are moving away from rexburg this weekend.
i've been trying not to think about it too much because i get all emotional and weird and finals are just too stressful to add girlfriends leaving into the mix, too.

well, i had to face the reality of the situation. carrie and darcy are leaving.
so we gathered the fridays at 2 gang (that's just what we call ourselves, okay? it's like the baby-sitters club but for married ladies) for one last hang out sesh at our favorite podunk rexburg diner.  it was understood that with finals and packing, it would be a quick dinner because we all had to get back home.

well, we sat and ate and talked and a crazy lady behind us sat and ate and listened to our conversation (weird, i know) until the place had to close. so we moved our party to panache...and kept talking until 1:30 in the morning.

the great thing about spending time with your friends is relating to one another and knowing that you're not alone in sometimes being a little crazy. the other great thing is realizing how very funny the people i associate with are.

and then we said good night and i went upstairs and cried because i will miss this group of women who are at the very same stage of life as me--newlywed and figuring out just how, exactly, being a grown-up is supposed to work.

carrie and darcy and liz...i love you with my whole heart. i had the best time ever last night and i'm kind of sort of having a rough time knowing that half of F@2 is leaving rexburg.

 p.s.: i wore this today:
boots: modcloth; pants: panache; owl tee: f21; sweater: buckle 
same pants as yesterday. it's just one of those days. 

6 comments:

  1. I'm going to be brutally honest: I'm a little weirded out by that pic at the top (of your friends) because the girl on the far right looks EX.AC.T.LY. (enough punctuation for you?) like my friend laura. Like carbon copies. And then I felt myself getting jealous that you got to hang out with her. But then I realized it wasn't laura (just her long-lost identical twin, separated at birth, that's all). So I'm okay again.
    -Brittney
    http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com
    p.s. Cute boots; love those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was one of those days for me today. I looked eh, but felt FABULOUS!

    Chandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait? Am I laura? And if I am, does laura look totally exhausted all the time?

    Brandilyn: Seriously, even though F@2 is breaking up for a while, it's like the summer of the baby-sitters club. We'll all get back together every once in a while. This is what I have to tell myself.

    It doesn't feel real.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like the end of this semester anymore. I kept being all "Oh it's the best finals week ever, I don't have any tests, no clean checks, blah blah blah." I hate this now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reminds me I haven't had a GNO in a while. Boo!

    Hot boots!

    www.clothedmuch.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a little late in reading this... but I love you and miss you and hope you're having a BLAST in California. I'll see you soon.

    PS... Your Tyra impression/monologue was probably one of the most hilarious moments IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. Thank you, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!