12.31.2010

MMX-MMXI

california-ness:

1. my little brother jacob broke his front tooth...hilarious. maybe he looked a little bit like lloyd christmas:

 2. my parents saved the People magazine from the week i was born:
 COOL, right?!

3. i've been enjoying tons and tons of this action:
 handsome marley!

4. david golfed today. all day. he wore the new golf shoes he got for christmas, which i picked out.
did you know my husband likes to dress like an old man? adorable.
so i went to the sports store to pick out some spiffy golfing shoes. the following dialogue ensued:

me: i'm looking for golf shoes...where can i find those?
sales associate: are they for you?
me: no, for my husband.
sales associate: ok, here are the men's golf shoes. i would recommend these ones, they're very popular, top of the line, blah blah, blah.
me: those look good...well, do you think they look like shoes an old man would wear?
sales associate: oh...your husband, he's...much older than you?
me: AH! no! he's not! he's my age! well, older...but...he dresses like an old man, he's not an old man, he...i'll take these in a 10.5, please.

lol. woops!

5. today = awesome.
i ran errands with my mom (we went to the REAL mall, not idaho fall's poopy mall, and trader joe's. faves), helped her take down christmas decorations, and now we're making dinner for everyone...well, she's making dinner; i'm blogging. but i'll be helping soon! we're having a fancy dinner with the whole family and watching the princess bride

i'm hopeful for 2011--it is the year i will get my bachelor's degree in english and will thus end our time in rexburg. 2011 will bring lots of change to our lives--being done with school, being done with the store, and moving on from idaho. we might become home/pet owners and we will somehow, impossibly, love each other more in 2011 than we did in 2010. my only resolutions are to be a better wife, student, and business owner than i ever have been before. can't wait. happy new year, c&c readers! you guys are way cool.

5 comments:

  1. You're way cool too, Brandilyn. Seriously. ;) Love ya. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, your golf shoes story cracked me up! Happy new year! And thanks so much for the tutorial you suggested, I can't wait to try it out! You are too sweet!


    Kristine. Or Polly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I chortled @ the golf shoe story, hi-larious.

    Happy new year to you!

    PS your parents are awesome for keeping the magazine, how cool is that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i saved the newspapers from the day my kids were born...something for them to look back on.

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh YOU'RE way cool! And congratulations on the last semester! I was making graduation cards for my 2 besties last night...and maybe you'll have to send me your address?

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!