1.24.2011

catch up

boots/cardi: target; jeans/flannel/belt: panache

 i'm back (for the most part) from my bout of sickness!
i can't tell you how good it feels to be back on my feet...despite the fact that my voice is all raspy and manly. 
i got very lucky with the timeline of my cold; i didn't miss any class and my super hot business partner was able to fill in for me for most of sturday. thank goodness.

the funny thing about being sick all weekend?
i slept all day and all night for 2 full days and nights...and then, come last night, i just wasn't tired.
our night went something like this:

10:30 decide to go to bed so i'll be well-rested and ready to jump back into school/TA-ing/work
10:45 have a weird panic attack and cry because i'm tired of coughing
11:00 settle back into bed
11:10 decide to watch an episode of the office
11:30 settle back into bed
11:30-12:30 alternate between talking and trying to sleep
12:30 decide we're starving
12:30-1:30 make midnight snacks, play on mini golf putting mat (him), and pick out an outfit for today (me)
1:30 finally go to bed for reals

geez...what's wrong with us?

anyways, i'm thrilled to be feeling better today. 
i even got to have my first-ever skype date with rachel!
rach's wedding morning...i'd never seen this picture until she posted it on her blog today!
um, skype is AWESOME!
how have i never done it before?! we helped each other out with 30 for 30 picks and talked memories and marriage and life and it was fantastic. best friends are the best.

7 comments:

  1. SKYPE IS AWESOME! I love it because Brinley really does recognize my parents and in-laws. She points and laughs and giggles. It has chaaaaanged family relationships definitely.

    Cute outfit! Love the boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just started following your blog! super cute outfits - I'm also a huge fan of cardigans :)
    Also, my husband and I watch arrested development when we can't sleep. It takes forever to actually fall asleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you doing the 30 for 30 this winter?? I decided that I was postponing mine until I had some support around me! :}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh feel better girl!! I love the outfit. Red and brown together are awesome. Skype is weird to me... when Matt and I were long distance for a while we Skyped every night, and it was a little uncomfortable. But the best part about it is that it is FREE!

    Kristine. Or Polly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo we should skype sometime

    -L.W and Carlos

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you feel better! True story, skype is the best. It was the only thing that helped me survive long-distance dating.

    P.S. Doing the 30 for 30 as well. I will most defn be using you for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. okay. seriously. i love that shirt! do you gus still sell it?

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!