1.10.2011

frozen over

 boots: mommed; socks: dad-ed; tights: target; dress as skirt: gap; thermal: thrifted/berkeley; necklace: buckle
today, i ice skated to school.
that's actually a lie because i wasn't wearing ice skates. but i was wearing cowboy boots, the bottoms of which are smooth as a baby's bum. i basically slid the entire way to school.
if i look uncomfortable in this picture, it's because i am. it is bitter cold in rexburg today.

rach, i don't mean to snow on your parade...but the snow you got would never shut byui down. i daresay north carolina is a weenie. but i still love you and wish i was there to keep you company on your snow day.

my walk to school this morning looked like this:
and i looked like this:
i know the hood on my jacket is a little ridiculous...but it feels oh-so-good on my ice cube ears. & my little-bitty ipod was a christmas gift from mom and dad haynes. it's PERFECT for my walk to school and i adore it. it clips right onto my jacket and distracts me from the chill outside.

p.s. i found out today i got the teacher's assistant job i interviewed for the other day! i'm very excited. i'll be grading papers and occasionally teaching classes. BAM! i can't wait!

6 comments:

  1. HA! I know, I am such a complainer. I wish you were here to keep me company as well. love it. The good news is: you look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously! your blog HATES me. Trying again: Ya, Wilmington shut down like a weenie and I'm not defending it! You look so cute -- glad we're friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the socks with the boots! And aren't ridiculous coats like that the best? I got a super long one on Saturday, and my friend said that I was wearing a sleeping bag. Yes, I was, and it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacob's a TA too!!!!! For Bro. Weekes. Hooray!

    Also, I've always loved the word "little-bitty." It's so cute. It's just one of those perfect adjectives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the job. I just found your blog and I'm kind of convinced that we should be twins. I love love your style and love your floating cats at the bottom of your page. Creepy yes but eh I'll get over it. New Follower!!!
    Wearing It On My Sleeves

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!