2.18.2011

e i g h t e e n

flats: target; tights: express; skirt: f21; sweater: gift/j.crew; scarf: sarah swapped; bracelet: thrifted
 i unrolled the top of this skirt and wore it long today. i hope it was more grandma-chic than it was awkward-frumpy. i was comfortable, anyways.

a most excellent thing happened today.
kate came and hung out with me and got bangs (fringe?) and she looks so cute and we had a blast.
while she was there...this little guy wandered into the store:
 ! ! !
he looks evil in that second picture, but he was soo sweet. 
he just wanted to be warm and cuddly.
although he was quite friendly, i'm pretty sure he didn't have a home...he was very skinny and his fur was kind of dirty. he'd been outside for a long time. and he mauled a muffin i had down in the store. hungry kitty!
i called my husband, my voice overflowing with joy.
he told me that we couldn't keep him (our apartment doesn't allow pets).
i said, "you have to know me well enough to know there's no way i'm kicking him back outside. it's cold out there. and windy." he said, "you have to know me well enough to know he can't come to our apartment." (david is a big-time rule-keeper) 
i hung up, sad.
that's when the miracle occurred! a mom and her daughters walked in. i apologized for the cat roaming around and explained that i didn't know where he came from or what i was going to do with him. and they asked if they could keep him.
um. yes.

everyone was happy! 
the girls were happy they got a new kitty...
i was happy i got to play with a kitty for a while...
and kitty was happy he got a meal and warm place to live.
and they all lived happily ever after :)

now if you'll excuse me, i'm going to pick up some thai food and watch parks & rec on hulu. tgif.

5 comments:

  1. Yay! What a great story! BTW again I love your blog name because I too love cats and cardigans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS a great story! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for happy endings! That is a very cute cat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh hooray! i'm glad someone wanted that cute little thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started following your blog awhile ago but this is my first comment. This post cracks me up because a few months ago I came home to find a cat on my front porch. He looked exactly like this cat! He even had the same expression on his face. I invited him into my apartment, fed him, and named him Hank. Eventually he left and I haven't seen him since. I sound like a crazy cat lady but I swear this has only happened to me once haha. I'm glad this cat found a good home!

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!