2.24.2011

t w e n t y - f o u r

boots/tights/tee: target; socks: gift; cardi/belt: panache; dress turned into skirt: old navy
this skirt was once a dress.
to be exact, last night it was a dress.
a dress that fit quite perfectly in the store and the first time i wore it, and then shrunk juuust a little bit in the wash. and that little bit that it shrunk made it an awkward length...a length that, looking in my mirror, looked just fine. but walking, sitting, cleaning tanning beds...was just a bit short for my liking.
so last night i got out my scissors and chopped the top off. and now i wear it as a skirt! and i like it like that.

want to know something awkward?
today, on my slippery walk home, some guy was walking right behind me. like, right on my shoulder. and the sidewalks were all snowy and there was only room to walk single-file. i swear i could smell his hot dog breath (he didn't have hot dog breath, that's just what i imagine). i finally came to a shoveled driveway that i could step into to let him pass me. yikes. sometimes walking home is weird.

want to know something not awkward?
i was ready last night to buy my camera. i'd done my research. i'd looked lovingly at the chosen camera online every day for 2 weeks. i'd been paid. i knew what i wanted. i told david my decision.
then, he sat on our couch with me for a good long while and browsed every camera in my price range, read reviews, checked out refurbished vs. used vs. new...and concluded that i'd made the correct choice. it was adorable.
so i bought a camera last night. and since i get amazon prime cause i'm a student, i got free 2-day shipping. and it was only $3 to upgrade to overnight...so i did it. what can i say, i'm impatient.
and now my camera will be in my hands tomorrow! yip yip yippee!

12 comments:

  1. You are too cute, I love this outfit!


    I always really enjoy your outfits, I'm adding you to my fab. blog list

    www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for new cameras!! You are one lucky lady and... I love the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that skirt! Nice resourcefulness, it is very flattering. I am so excited you're getting a new camera, best feeling ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are my 3 favorite colors!!! love the purple, yellow and stripes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting about the new camera! And I'm totally jealous! I love that you're all cratfy and you can just decide you want a skirt to be a dress then BOOM. It's done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this outfit! The bright colors the strips, plus (including myself) i've seen 3 bloger wearing balck and white stripes today :-)

    http://nomapisasubstitute.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY dress-skirts and cameras! What kinda camera did you get? Jacob and I are in the market for a new one, but we're not sure where to start. Your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE LOVE LOVE this outfit, especially the skirt =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog and I love your style, super cute clothes.

    Feel free to check out my blog if you wish!

    everythingtrendy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Genius, that dress looks great as a skirt! You know what could have made that walk any more? If he were doing the fat-man breathing. You know what I mean.

    North Meets South

    ReplyDelete
  11. fabulous transformation from dress to skirt. it looks awesome!

    rebeccawithanR

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just found your blog...had to say that cats and cardigans are two of the best things ever. Have a sweet day!

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!