3.15.2011

Fear less, hope more; eat less, chew more; whine less, breathe more; talk less, say more; hate less, love more; and all good things are yours.

oxfords: ebay; jeans/flannel: target; blazer: fred meyer (random)
i've been thinking a lot lately about the tone different people take on their blog.
i try not to blog about super serious stuff because my problems feel so trivial compared to the stuff the rest of the world deals with...plus, since i started fashion blogging it just doesn't seem like the right format. i'm surrounded by an incredible support group and i usually save the heavy stuff for them. :)

that being said, what's on my mind today is a little more on the serious side.
 i've seen so many negative blog posts lately.
i don't think there's anything wrong with talking about your life and being real on your blog. life isn't always full of hilarious/awkward/romantic moments. life is rough sometimes and the blogging community can be filled with kind, supportive people...i think that's awesome.

it's when people are out-and-out rude that i start having a problem with it. it's so easy to forget that there are actual people behind the computer screen who sincerely enjoy what they're doing (even if it's something as silly as posting outfits!). it shows a complete and utter lack of class when bloggers post rude things. have some respect and realize that even if you think someone's blog is dumb, they're doing it for the same reasons you are--because it's fun! i feel the same way about anonymous comments. if you don't like a blog, the answer is simple...don't read
talking trash makes you seem petty and immature.

on that note...i hope you're surrounded by happy, supportive, kind people (and blogs!). i consider myself lucky to have supportive, kind, and hilarious readers. thanks, guys!

(the title of this post is a swedish proverb--pretty, right?)

18 comments:

  1. Amen, sista! I totally agree :) I come to your and other blogs to see what you're up to and see the clever things you can do with clothes that I cannot.
    Thank you for having more guts than me to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quote in your title is one of my favorites! And I'm so glad you posted this-- I couldn't agree more with what you wrote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love you. And I completely agree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree - though I realize I said something kind of snappy on my post today... and I have been a downer.

    I think there is a difference between emotion and being fake and being nasty. I don't want to act happy all of the time because I am not -- and there are a lot of people who are and it is annoying. But then there is class and that includes not trashing someone or something either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree. I just unfollow blogs that are too negative. That's me not reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the proverb. I definitely need to heed it. I'm so guilty of being catty/negative. This blog post was a nice wake up for me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the title of this post. Can I steal that? Haha. And I completely agree with you. My blog is super weird but hey people if you don't like it don't read it and I won't read yours haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you just say it like it is! To be honest, I checked me blog after reading this to make sure I'm not negative. I try to be aware of it, not just on my blog, but in my life because I want to be positive. Let's face it, if you pretend to be happy, you eventually be happy.

    North Meets South

    ReplyDelete
  9. I try to keep it light, I find that most ppl in the blogger world are nice.
    I've had a few negative comments on mine, but I think they have been people who have stumbled upon my blog who are from D.C. Someone wrote something really mean once, but it made me determined to make my blog better and it actually ended up benefiting me.
    Gotta turn lemons into lemonade.

    ~Miranda
    www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. haters gonna' hate! but seriously, i've never understood why people feel like they have to be rude or say negative things on other peoples blogs -- if you don't like it, don't read it! its as simple as that!

    loved this post, and thanks for always being so positive!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was a great post. I especially love the quote at the beginning. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. GO GIRL! I don't get it either! What a complete waste of time!! Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just read a very catty, even mean, message board on a parenting article, so this post makes me feel better! I'm glad you support civility. And I want to make that proverb my life motto!

    ReplyDelete
  14. my blog is about ponies so it can't be serious or catty!

    Luv you Brandi,
    Lyssette

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sucks, you don't know what you're talk'in bout, yo mama wears army boots,go take a long walk on a short pier, why don't you go play in the freeway, kiss me buck teeth my tonsils itch, etc....You mean that kind of stuff? I know, those are all "old skool", it was better when that was as bad as it got. I'm with what U said earlier, and love you lots!! the dad

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post! It's unfortunate that people have to tear others down to build themselves up.
    You seem so genuine in your blogging. I always enjoy reading your posts. Keep up the good work!

    Katelyn
    dailybasisblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!