3.22.2011

hyenas

 oxfords: ebay; tights: express; dress: downeast; cardigan: nordstron; pin: westergard; watch: target
i feel fancy today.
i got this dress like 5 years ago and it had a weird ruffle on the bottom and it was kind of long so i looked like a pioneer but i could never bring myself to toss it so last night i hemmed it so i could wear it today and i'm really happy with the results and this is the longest sentence ever.

also, my pin came yesterday in the mail!
yay for reasonably priced etsy shops!

have you ever read life of pi? i'm reading it right now for post-modern lit (literature from 1960-now = awesome). if you've read it, perhaps you can understand the terror i felt when i opened the note that came in the package with my octopus pin and saw this stationary:
WHY YESTERDAY?
WHY OF ALL THE DAYS IN MY LIFE DID THIS STATIONARY HAVE TO COME ON THE DAY I READ THE MIDDLE PORTION OF LIFE OF PI?
if you haven't read the book, just know that it involves a darling zebra and a sweet orangutan and a hyena offing them all on a lifeboat. and of course it made me cry because animal violence always makes me cry, even when it's the natural order of things. and i never see hyena paraphernalia in my day-to-day life.

anyways, i'm over the hyena shock and am back to enjoying a really beautifully written novel.
i'm also enjoying a gingerbread cookie and putting a ton of new clothes out in the store and the beginnings of finals week stress-out. all in a day's work.

15 comments:

  1. Yay Life of Pi! I loved that book! And yes, I could see how the hyena could make you cry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OCTOPUS! cute.

    and the coincidence of the hyena scene in life of pi and that stationary....UNREAL!!! i mean WHO EVEN HAS LION KING STATIONARY past 1994?!!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i love the life of pi! i can see how that stationary would be freaky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this dress oh so much. it turned out way cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your octopus brooch!!

    monique
    www.yogaandpencilskirts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. that dress is so darling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the color of the cardigan! Looks fantastic on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. shirtsleeve cardigan! the color looks great too. I definitely need to read life of pi, as a math major. despite it's lack of actual connection to math.

    nomapisasubstitute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your new pin!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this outfit is one of my favs! such great colors

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1.Brandilyn you are just adorable! And good for you for getting that skirt hemmed! (You better believe I'm on team sewing projects)
    2.What shop is the pin for?
    3.On any other day that stationary would be hilarious. But I agree. Miserably ironic timing.

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!