4.28.2011

good night, future boy!

 shoes: kmart (8!); jeans: BKE; top: stolen from my dad about 15 yrs ago; cardi: panache; belt: american eagle
last night, david and i ventured over to our local kmart.
i'm not going to lie, we're not usually kmart people. but i wanted a nice, warm fleece for our motorcycle ride this weekend and we didn't know where to look. kmart didn't have fleece (because it's technically springtime, despite the HUGE amount of wind in rexburg), but they did have these shoes. $8 shoes. mind = blown.
i like them!
i actually only posted this outfit today because of my shoes. other than that, i'm pretty boring.
my shoes made me feel so summery and nautical that i wore my dad's hang loose hawaii tee shirt with them. this tee shirt is soft from being washed 10,000 times and i have memories of wearing it at our summer home on clear lake growing up. once, a couple years ago, a friend tried to borrow this shirt because of it's softness...and i got weirdly possessive of it. sometimes i get sentimental about funny things like a tee shirt. or the stuffed bear that sits in my underwear drawer because i know it's weird for him to sleep in my bed but i can't bring myself to leave him in storage.

anyways, TGIT! am i right?!

18 comments:

  1. I hope you are snorting in that third picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i used to go to clear lake tooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore KMart.

    I also love your post title.

    Because I love Back to the Future. Possible more than Kmart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shoes are super cute - I think my friend has a similar pair from Target? I could be wrong and it's actually Kmart... haha.
    Do you mean clear lake in CA? We've got a cabin up there full of great memories during the summer time... maybe you mean somewhere else though.
    Just curious...
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. lauren, that's exactly where i mean! my family used to have a cabin there and summers always remind me of all the time we spent there. clear lake will always have a special place in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely scored with those shoes. Wouldn't have thought that kmart would have shoes that cute! What a deal. :) Love the color of your cardigan too. I'm on a yellow kick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This outfit is so cute and perfect for a casual spring day. I actually just picked up a pair of similar shoes at Payless. The best part of mine was that they donate a pair of shoes to a child in South America for every pair you buy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you're right...the shoes totally complete the look! congrats on your bargain :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. googling my nearest Kmart now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the shoes!!! And don't worry I get that way about things too. I even brought my teddy bear to georgia when I got married and moved... he's kept me company on the couple of all-nighters husband has had to pull for school.... did I just admit that on the internet?.. haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like them! great buy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooh. i'm in love with those shoes. i will have to check out the K (that's its nickname if you didn't know. jk. i made that up)

    ReplyDelete
  13. those shoes are tooo cute! i wonder if they still have them...?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, I'm a totally creep, but I was googling Rexburg and I this picture popped up! I have those shoes too! Seriously, they rock. Just saying :)

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!