4.11.2011

it's a perfect day

do you want to know what my ideal day is like?
today just so happened to be one of those days.
check it out:
i started off my day with a long walk and grocery shopping with my mom.
since it's not a vacation without me getting sunburnt, i took care of that this morning as well (you guys, i was out in the sun for like 10 minutes before hiding under my towel..and i'm burnt. that's why i remain pasty).
everyone was really excited to check out some thrift stores, so we headed out to explore a little.
 my little brother's car had a dead battery...which resulted in everyone pushing it through the parking garage so he could dump the clutch and get it going again. except, it was really dead...so we pushed it back and forth a couple times before finally just hooking cables up the old-fashioned way.
we started at buffalo exchange and then headed to an awesome store across the street called flashback...if you're in san diego, i highly recommend it! their employees were hilarious and helpful, they had a great selection, and their prices were unbelievable.
for instance...
 my mom got a gorgeous dooney & burke wallet for $18. i got vintage leather boots for $22.
we came home and celebrated with my homemade sloppy joes.
&this is what i wore:
 flats: modcloth liberty flats; jeans/top/belt: panache
david and i finished off the day in the hot tub and then here:
in our cute little room with some blueberry cheesecake ice cream for me.
mmm. good night, blog world!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your day ... sound perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! I helped my brother push-start his car every day when he was in high school, it was...awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great day! And I love your outfit!

    nomapisasubstitute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a perfect day! I love that cute wallet, elephants are definitely one of the best creatures, and on a leather wallet... SCORE!
    Sloppy joes sound so yummy! You should post your recipe, I'd definitely try it out =)


    Happy Tuesday!
    MuffinLovesBiscuit

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love days like this. and that wallet? perfect. i wish i could find great things like that at thrift stores!

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!