4.27.2011

two very qualified candidates: the hot lady and the tiger woods guy

boots: vintage; tights: target; skirt/cardi/top: panache
truth: i only posted that first picture because my hair looks so long.
truth: i only posted that second picture because the sky looks so pretty.
i mean, honestly. my eyes are closed. it's a bright day, okay?
also, this skirt was the worst possible option for my day. i mean, sure, i feel professional and feminine at the same time. but today i was walking uphill, running late to class, with a heavy backpack. i'm a fast walker. i have a long stride. this skirt was limiting range of motion in my legs. grr.

anyways, guess what?! 
this weekend david and i are going on a harley (yes, that harley) ride through arizona! a cousin of mine passed away a couple years ago and my aunt and uncle put this ride on every year in his memory. it's something i hear about every year, and i'm excited to finally participate in this one! we're can't wait to check out our maybe-probably home in northern arizona come july, to spend some time with my dad's side of the family, and to enjoy some gorgeous weather. we'll also be seeing sedona and the grand canyon...i'm so excited i can barely stand it. last night we got a flip video camera, so you can expect some kind of video documentation of our hopefully exciting weekend!

p.s. i'm on bloglovin!
geeeesh, took me long enough. i'm so not hip to the jive. er, i wasn't...i am now, though...

9 comments:

  1. So you've gone from movie quotes to SNL? Love it! I have the same problem when we are late to church, and I'm wearing a pencil skirt. I have to practically run to keep up with Spencer. Pencil skirts look so good but aren't good for running. Who knew?

    North Meets South

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how the hubby and I came to live in Arizona... Well, not a Harley adventure... But we visited all the pretty places and couldn't stand not living here! I can't wait to hear all about it! =)

    <3 MuffinLovesBiscuit

    ReplyDelete
  3. truth: your hair IS getting long!!
    second truth: put sunscreen of SPF1000 on Davids hands when you go on your ride in Arizona!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could participate in the Ride for Ryan. I really do. I just don't trust your dad on a motorcycle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boots. So very very cute.

    xoxo
    Harley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo! I used to go on rides with my dad all the time when I was younger - he owned a Harley and I was his riding buddy. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brandilyn! That ride sounds so amazing! I wanna get a bike right away and come!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Brandilyn,
    I loved responding to your movie quotes with other movie quotes.
    Also I hope you have a great time on your trip. I had a cousin pass away in a motorcycle accident and an annual ride seems like a great way to get together as a family to celebrate your cousin's life. Have so much fun!
    Lurv,
    Elle

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!