5.04.2011

i shrink the moon, i grab the moon, i sit on the toilet bowl...what?

flats: payless; jeans: f21; top: panache; blazer: fred meyer; bracelets: h&m
today was holy-moly overwhelming.
and holy-moly overwhelming is wayy more overwhelming than just overwhelming. am i overwhelming you talking about that? it's overwhelming me thinking about it.
anyways, there was a french test to study for/take, campus offices to visit, packages to mail to long-distance panache shoppers, 15,000 tanning beds to clean, a jewelry order to get out, a husband to get good and kissed...it's enough to do a girl's head in!
luckily, i am now in my comfy office chair in my quiet living room in my cozy yoga sweats. with an artichoke steaming as we speak, tra-la-la.

in other news, my bff shpitty came into the store yesterday screaming about teapots at target. i was like, "girl, whaaaat?" and she was all, "you gotta check this out, yo!" and i was like, "DUDE. no waaay!"*
and thus began the elephant teapot adventure.
ok, so the calypso line hit target just a few days ago and these teapots are already sold out online and, as far as we could tell, everywhere. BUT when we called the idaho falls target, they had exactly ONE remaining teapot in each available color (red & blue). so we raced there and got them. and they were only $12, which is a Good Deal.
and they kiss. and they're bigger than they look in this picture.
and david said, "but honey, we don't drink tea!" and i said, "but babe, don't crush my dreams!"**

p.s. one of my oldest, closest friends rachel opened up an etsy shop today with some fun, really reasonably priced prints! you should check it out. (she's my oldest friend as in i've known her forever, not that she's old. i mean, she's older than me, but only by like one year...so...just to clarify)

*yes, we really talk like that. ok, no we don't.
**no, we don't actually talk like that. ok, yes we do.

7 comments:

  1. you're so funny. I hope your husband got good and kissed! And I really hope those teapots come back in yellow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALSO, that's my favorite line from that movie, pants down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I WANT I NEED I WANT I NEED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the elephants on your blog and had to laugh because I have been eyeing them for a bit! Question- which one did you like better, the blue or the red? All the stores by me have one or the other, so I need to decide one way or the other!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are sooo cute!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ali - the red is SO vibrant, it's a really fun color! i'm nuts about anything blue, though, so that was my personal choice...the blue is much softer. and it went better with my kitchen. i don't think you could go wrong with either!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I NEED THOSE ELEPHANT TEAPOTS!!!!!!

    Laura
    Born To Be Styled

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!