5.09.2011

it's monday but it's okay

 boots: vintage; tights: express; skirt/tee: f21; cardi: nordstrom; bag: lucky
this was the most comfortable monday outfit everrrrr.
i went to a TA meeting this morning and then came home, curled up next to david while he worked from bed (love having a husband who works from home!), and snoozed for a while in it.

for those of you who don't already know this, i got to byu-idaho. it's a private LDS university, so the majority of students here are mormon. we have the privilege of starting every class period with a prayer, usually offered by one of the students. while that probably seems strange to a lot of you, i absolutely love it. well, since my french lit class is conducted entirely in french...the prayer is as well. today it was my turn to pray and i did it! i know my accent was far from perfect and i'm a very nervous public speaker, but still. i actually considered showing up late so someone else would have to say the prayer..haha! i'm glad i just did it.

and now i get to enjoy my whole apartment shaking from the dancers upstairs...accompanied, of course, by lady gaga. ah, the joys of living below a ballroom.

9 comments:

  1. oh gosh, i love starting class with a prayer. it's the best! good job with the french :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! That's so awesome!! I remember when I had to say the prayer in Chinese... It was like 2 seconds long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seriously live below a dance room? I always thought that was a joke! And that green color is bomb on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. alexis ... for reals, there is a dance studio above us and a ballroom right beside us. hahaha!! we get peace and quiet when all the high school kids go home after their dance classes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh I had to say grace in Spanish once (my family's Mexican) and I freaked out and pretty sure I made up some words. You go, chick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on doing the public prayer! That's always so nerve wracking (I'm Catholic, but bible studies/events/whatever also start that way and I'm always terrified they'll look to me and ask!). Loving the skirt/boot combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your pray! I could never imagine having to pray in a foreign language. It just makes me that much more grateful for all the wonderful missonaries out there who have been blessed with that sort of gift! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore your wolf shirt! I have a love for t-shirts with wolves on them :)
    ~Sarai
    the-puddle-jumpers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!