5.21.2011

mood changing

 oxfords: ebay; jeans/top: panache; sweater: target; earrings: farmer's market
 i can't find an etsy shop for the girl i bought these earrings from, but if you're in rexburg, you have to go to the farmer's market on friday and pick some up! they're 2 for $5 and really cute!
 i most definitely woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.
i don't know how this happened, because i woke up to david with a bag of donut holes in his hand. he even kissed me with morning breath...true love, guys.
anyways, i felt off today.
off because it's been a long week with david out of town, off because i've been so tired, and off because i have a closet full of clothes and not a single thing looked good on me today.
i came down to the store grumpy, took outfit pictures grumpy, rang people up grumpy.
grumpy, grumpy, grumpy.
(side note: my best friends call going #2 "busting a grumpy," which i think is hilarious and now the word "grumpy" is funny, too)
well, my outfit pictures turned out terrible and i felt terrible. and then i decided to march my butt back upstairs and change, which i do all the time. i'm a chronic clothing changer. i change my outfit roughly 5,000 times a day. anyways, that apparently opened the gate to a better mood, because i feel 5 trillion times better in this outfit than i did in the original one i wore today.
so basically i've discovered the secret to changing your outlook on life.
it's only fair that i now spread my knowledge to the world.
"excuse me, mr. mubarak? i think it's time for you to change your outfit..."
bam. world peace.
you're welcome.

6 comments:

  1. Ha, you always crack me up! Glad you're feeling better. Let me know when you need a vote for your Miss USA platform ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i love this! i definitely feel better when i have a cute outfit on! you are gorgeous dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same thing with clothes... Something about the clothes..

    Anyway, I'm glad you're feeling better! Cute earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is SO true! and what the crap? it's been

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I totally agree with clothes. If it's not right, it's not right for the whole day. And I'll change more than you can imagine - whether it's the shoes or the shirt - it's gotta look and feel good.
    Busting a grumpy just made my day too... having some work shoe trouble all day, speaking of which :) I can't find a good pair in my whole city that they have in my size, ha.
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have had that philosophy since i was about 3, and i still change my clothes quite often throughout the day

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!