5.01.2011

this is my mother's lucky machete, but i want you to have it

today i thought i'd share my favorite version of one of my favorite hymns:


 
 i generally keep things light-hearted and goofy on here, but i thought i'd post about something a bit more serious today. hope you don't mind!

i totally have days when everything seems to be way harder than it should. when people are rude to me during a day like that, it almost makes me burst into tears on the spot. i always think, they'd be nicer if they knew what a crap day i'm having.
 
lately i've been trying to remember that when i interact with people.  it's always my first instinct to
think mean thoughts or judge harshly and i hate that about myself.
 
this is my go-to song for days when i feel like i just can't handle one more thing being tossed onto my plate. it makes me feel calm and peaceful and more in-control of a life that sometimes feels like too much to handle.
 
i hope you enjoy this song no matter what you're religious affiliation! happy sunday :)

11 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite hymns. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this hymn as well. I struggle with the same thought process....it is all about changing our minds. It seems the hymn does that for you - isn't He kind to give us what we need to have a changed mind? Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our pastor actually spoke on this topic today. Would you believe it, Sufjan Stevens went to school here in my town! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this song- one of my favorite artists! :)

    H.
    sewdysfunctional.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this version too!! Thanks for sharing and Happy Sabbath!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh, i haven't heard this version. i like it. kind of fun (in a completely spiritual way).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this version! Hey--I was wondering if you would do a post about how you came to have a boutique while going to college? I'm so curious! You rock, and I love your post titles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. amy, i'd love to! i'll start working on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, I am writing you an e-mail about this. chekkit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1. I love Sufjan Stevens
    2. I love that hymn
    3. The two combined are amazing!!!

    thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!