6.20.2011

booking it

 wedges: target; jeans: gap; tank: gift/styles; cardigan: buckle; belt: american eagle
can you tell that those are little umbrellas on my shirt?!
it's a birthday gift from my mom...thank you, mom! i love it!

we had a busy weekend around here.
david organized a little birthday barbecue for me on saturday night, and it was most excellent.
we had burgers, laughs, and ended the night at a new frozen yogurt place in town that exceeded my expectations. yay birthdays! i'm excited because even though my birthday is over, which is usually disappointing, my bff shpitty's is next weekend so it gives me something new to look forward to. oh, and the whole "getting my bachelor's degree in july" thing. i'm looking forward to that, too.

the portion of my blog post that is dedicated to books will now commence.
michelle gave me the complete collection of flannery o'connor's short stories and kate gave me a gorgeous edition of wuthering heights, so my summer reading list is already looking irresistible! i'll also be finishing the harry potter series along with a few other books i've had my eye on for a while. i'm really excited to have some more time for recreational reading come july...also, book recommendations are very much welcome!

8 comments:

  1. I love this outfit, especially the yellow sandals!

    xoxo

    Ana Paula - Pretty in Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you a member of goodreads? It's a book recommendation/place to organize books you've read, are reading, and want to read. You can "befriend" people and see their book reviews. It's a GREAT place to get book recommendations. Look me up on there! I think I'm under Liz Whittaker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Oh! There's also a "book swap" program that you can join through goodreads, where you can loan people on the site books in exchange for borrowing theirs. Cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute umbrella shirt. I bet that would look really cute with some rain boots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow who ever took your pictures did a good job those are cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!!!! especially the second one! i say mine come in second place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you've probably heard/read this before but Blink by malcom gladwell is amazing. and I HATE reading. H.A.T.E. If I finish a book, it's a huge deal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I simply adore your sandals! <3 The colour is amazing! Be sure to enter my £100 ASOS giveaway!

    x
    www.lostinthehaze.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome top!! Where did you get it from?? xx

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!