9.14.2011

un-schooling

boots: vintage; skirt: f21; tee: gap; necklace: truly sarah
everyone in rexburg started school this week.
there's a part of me that's like, "haha, SUCKERS! enjoy your planner updating and 100 pages of reading and lecture listening, i'll be filing my nails and sipping apple cider late into the night!" but there's this other part of me that's so jealous i can't stand it. i just know i'm missing out on amazing discussions and creative inspiration and i want to be a part of the club again. what if my brain gets bored from the lack of use and just starts seeping out of my ears? that can really happen, you guys. or maybe not, i don't know. i studied english, not biology.

so mostly, i'm just trying to remind myself how all good things have to come to an end and if i was still in school, i'd be counting down until graduation. instead, now i'm counting down until really incredibly awesome things like buying a house and having mr. marley move in with us. so this is good. also, i get to spend my evening curled up on the couch with david watching a movie, without a spreadsheet (him) or sentence to diagram (me) in sight.

also: a very HAPPY HAPPY birthday to my beautiful, generous, talented mom!
seriously, this lady zones feet, she tends an incredible vegetable garden, she performs in rodeos, she makes delicious vegan food, she's raised 7 kids, and she does it all while looking drop-dead gorgeous. i hope it goes without saying that i love my momma more than anything...but, of course, i'm always happy to say it :)

5 comments:

  1. YAY FOR CATS MOVING BACK HOME!

    "i'll be filing my nails and sipping apple cider late into the night!" --LOL...way to live on the edge, B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post because it's exactly how I feel...and I've been out of school for a few years. It hasn't gone away yet. Dang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this outfit!!! the blue looks way good on you i lalalove it! plz give your mom a hug and kiss for me i miss you guys so so much. love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know!! I feel the same way! I'm working on something I always wanted to do, completely done with school... and can't help to think about my alma mater and the "lucky" people who will be going there next week.

    Mmmmh... I guess I'm having a case of "the grass is always greener..."

    That's the story of my life. :P

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!