11.23.2011

gratitude

boots: kohl's; tights: express; skirt: f21; sweater: gift/j.crew; earrings: truly sarah
i wore this to church on sunday and it was insanely comfortable.
comfort is my number one priority these days, as i'm starting to feel quite large:
yowza!

well, it's the day before thanksgiving and i've realized lately more than ever that i have so much to be grateful for. here are a few of those things:

- a true, beautiful, life- and heart-changing gospel, one that brings me closer to Christ and binds me to my family for eternity.
- my funny, handsome, loyal, kind husband. the man is optimistic even when i'm a gloomy butt, he fixes everything from our car to my bicycle, he knows exactly where i get that knot in my back and how to rub it out...and he looks smokin' hot while doing it all. i love david haynes.
- our families! we love them.
- our teeny, 6", roly-poly, night owl baby. the wiggles and rolls i can feel every day bring me more joy that i ever imagined. i'm so excited to see all the ways this little one will change our lives.
- delicious food. every day.
- our little business and the awesome people who support it. our customers rock and we wouldn't be where we are today without them and their awesome taste in clothing ;)
- our warm, tiny, cozy, little apartment.

i hope you guys are surrounded by people you love and having the happiest of thanksgivings!
what are you grateful for?

13 comments:

  1. Mormonism. VOMIT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bran,

    I love you, respect your faith, and find you to be a ridiculously beautiful expectant mother. Just thought you should know.

    Love,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm kind of sad about that first comment. Even when you don't agree with something, there's no reason to be rude about it. I support ANY religion that encourages people to be better, happy people! Off my soapbox now :)

    I love your comment about feeling your baby move. Here's the part where I'm going to be way too honest with you- before we got married I was super into waiting a few years for babies. we've been married 6 months and all i've been able to think about for the last 2 months is getting pregnant and having a baby!!! AH I WANT IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. kara - what a classy way to voice your opinion! if the things i blog about irritate you, please kindly show yourself to the "unfollow" button and don't bother visiting my blog again. there's no need to be nasty about something that brings me joy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha brandilyn i freaking love you!! and you are one hot pregnant lady.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow ....

    Back on topic- you are way cute prego! Maybe I will see you up at the barn while you are here and I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read your blog because I like your outfits. Your faith, on the other hand, turns my stomach.

    ReplyDelete
  8. kara, how sad i am for your inability to respect others and voice your opinion in a polite way. your immature comments don't affect my religious views in the least. i hope you have a happy thanksgiving and find more enjoyable blogs to read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sad I am for your being brainwashed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I speak for just about all of brandilyn's readers, Kara, when I say your comments and opinions are not welcome here. Kindly do her and all the others who end up reading your negativity a favor and keep it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kara how sad I am for you on all accounts. You are obviously searching for something, and feel you have to tear people down who are happy, in order to compensate with your lack thereof.
    Please be kind and respectful to those who have done nothing against you, and keep your venom to yourself please.
    Lastly, don't hate on something I am sure you know very little of, because if you had any idea of her faith and religion you would not say those things, so take the opportunity to become educated, and head to mormon.org.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some people... haha..
    You are adorable :))

    ReplyDelete
  13. it's so sad how some people can be so unhappy with themselves that they can't seem but to project it onto everyone around them. or probably in this case like to be irritating to other people and say immature things to get a rise out out of them. in either case . . . brandilyn, i love reading your blog, for your faith and your fashion!

    p.s. can't wait to hear if you're expecting a little boy or a little girl!!! i hope you had a happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!