11.10.2011

a holly jolly november

oxfords: wholesale-dress.com; pants: old navy; tee: target; cardi: h&m; scarf: panache
please excuse my weird half-smile in the first picture. i think my subconscious knew my cell phone was in my back pocket and it would make for a big booty in these pictures.

current hot topic on the www that i'm also interested in getting feedback about...
how early do you guys decorate for christmas (or any other holiday you may celebrate)?
i know everyone rolls their eyes when stores bust out christmas stuff in october, and i'm usually one of them, but i'm just so darn excited to get my house all jolly and bright! i'll be leaving my flamingo in his pilgrim outfit until thanksgiving, because he really loves that stately hat:
i've had this flamingo since high school and i love changing his outfit with the seasons. i'll try to post his outfits when i change them because they really are so cute. he used to stand proudly in my room and my high school friends would think it was strange. "is that a seasonally appropriate decorative flamingo?" "yes. it is."

all that to say, my flamingo won't don his santa claus outfit until december 1. but i'm thinking the rest of my apartment needs a little yuletide cheer...tell me honestly though, is it too early?

11 comments:

  1. November 25th makes it appropriate to dress up the apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say never too early. Why not enjoy the holiday spirit 2 weeks earlier than every one else??? It bugs when people get SO upset that some people (like me this weekend) decorate before tHanksgiving. It is those same people that leave their christmas lights up ALL year and leave their old dead christmas tree on the side of the road until march. BOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I celebrate Christmas year round! No rules on when to decorate...it's your house! You get to write the rules! (can you tell I'm on lots of hormones?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas should be up year round! At least that's how I feel. But when I was growing up the tradition was it all came out the morning after Thanksgiving. And was taken down on Jan. 6 which is the Day of the Kings in Mexico and since my dad is Mexican that's what we did :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, it's not too early (I've been sneaking in the Christmas music here and there). Mr. Flamingo should represent til Thanksgiving, but the rest of your decorating doesn't have to wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i may or may not have had my christmas lights up for about a week now. but there's no way of knowing for sure =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am just like you! I asked my hus if I could bring out the Christmas decorations on Nov 1! Our house is just happier with a Christmas tree! I personally think it is never to early! But, according to my hus Dec 1 is when decorating can begin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's NOT too early!!!! anyone who says different is a scrooge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. as long as it's november, IT'S NEVER TOO EARLY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tried to comment on this this morning but my phone was being a Scrooge (HA get it?). With 3 months that each have their own respective holidays, I'd normally say to show some respect and honor each month with its due holiday . . . but the Christmas music in my car and mistletoe above my door say otherwise . . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. great oxfords!

    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!