2.27.2012

eleven things

flats: c/o wanted; leggings (m): old navy; tunic; h&m; chambray: target; necklace: wet seal

i got TAGGED: the 11 Things thing going 'round


THE RULES:
-Post these rules
-Post 11 random things about yourself
-Answer the questions provided by the one who tagged you
-Create 11 new questions for the people you tag


11 RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME:



1. i played the violin from the fourth grade until my senior year of high school.

2. my great-great-great-great grandfather was the 12th president of the united states! zachary taylor.
3. i never swim in the ocean. i'm afraid of big waves and not being able to breathe, not sharks or creepy-crawlies. i love pools and lakes.
4. i am 5'7". i like my height.
5. i don't watch downtown abbey, so i don't get about 65% of the tweets in my twitter feed.
6. i'm more nervous about being in the hospital than i am about the actual labor and delivery of junior.
7. people glare at me when i sing out loud in church because they think i'm trying to be funny. i am totally tone deaf.
8. i wish i was quiet and mysterious and clever. really, i'm chatty and i often say irreverent things and then blush bright red.
9. i'm not just trying to be cute when i say my husband is the most handsome man i've ever seen. i really can't think of anyone i've ever met who beats david in the looks department.
10. i never notice if my curtains are open, and it horrifies my husband when i start wandering around the apartment in my underwears (or, gulp, less). i grew up in the country...i never thought about people seeing into my house.
11. i generally do not eat pork.


11 QUESTIONS JULES ASKED ME:

1. What is currently your go-to outfit? maternity leggings, boots, tunic, sometimes a cardigan.
2. If you could be a character in a fiction novel, who would you be? weetzie bat!
3. When did you start blogging & why and is it different from your current blogging style? 2008, right after i got married. i started posting adorable snippets about my husband, and now i accompany those snippets with outfit pictures. it's fun.
4. What is your all-time favorite album? bon jovi, slippery when wet!
5. Are you closer to your mother's or father's side of the family? i see my dad's side more, but i'm probably more like my mom's side in personality. i'm proud to be related to both.
6. Which celebrity do friends say you look like? rihanna. just kidding. i got paris hilton once (LOL). my mom always got meg ryan, and i look just like my mom, but i've never been told that. so i don't know.
7. What advice would you give your fresh-out-of-high-school self? chill out. don't dye your hair dark, it looks awful on you. there is so much more happiness ahead of you than you ever dreamed of.
8. Best & worst reality TV shows, go: can i say the bachelor for both? it's the only one i watch and it really is the best and the worst.
9. First kiss? Last kiss? first kiss, closet playing truth or dare...embarrassing. last kiss was david, of course! i kiss him over and over again every day and it's never once gotten old, his lips are just that nice.
10. You're offered a job in both New York and L.A. Where do you move? L.A. closer to my family.
11. Cosmetic/luxury item you can't live without: bobby pins. i use them all the time..they're always scattered about my house.


11 QUESTIONS FOR THE PEOPLE I’VE TAGGED (and anyone who wants to participate):

1. what did you have for dinner last night?
2. what celebrity would literally bring you to tears if you saw them in person?
3. do you like your handwriting?
4. how would your dad describe you?
5. what's the last book you read? the last book you loved?
6. how many pairs of shoes do you own?
7. how often do you shave your legs? armpits?
8. what do you order when you go to mcdonald's? (if you tell me you don't go to mcd's i will call you a LIAR!)
9. what's your earliest memory?
10. have you ever won anything? what?
11. what is your worst habit? your best habit?


WHO I TAGGED (don't feel obligated, it's whateva): YOU! just do it, okay? and leave a link to your answers? thanks, you guys. you're awesome.

9 comments:

  1. HOW ARE YOU EIGHT MONTHS PREGNANT AND STILL WEARING LEGGINGS AS PANTS?? I haven't been able to wear leggings as pants since... ever and I'm not (nor have I been) pregnant. Jealous would be an understatement. Your legs look hott gur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit! I'm linking up....

    http://themarkkamfamily.blogspot.com/2012/02/since-weve-been-so-boring-lately.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. we've had a couple snowy days, but it's always melted by the next day! idaho is super snow-free for february this year!

      Delete
  4. I started following this blog several months ago and I think you are the cutest thing ever! I decided if a tornado ever comes and sweeps me across the United States from Texas to Idaho, I would HAVE to check out your shop first thing. (I online window shop all the time and curse myself for not being there to scoop up such cute, affordable pieces.)
    Well, I've since decided that I probably won't visit because I'm likely to steal those shoes off your feet, haha. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well this is just the nicest comment in the world. thank you so much! you should definitely snag a pair of those flats, they're my new favorite thing!

      Delete
  5. Weetzie Bat?!?! I LOVED those books when I was in high school. I wanted to be Weetzie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ack I lurve this blog so much. Every time I drive down Main Street I think I just really need to come into your store and say hullo! Anyways, I did the 11 things. Enjoy! P.S. love the necklace!

    http://thetruthaboutredheads.blogspot.com/2012/02/eleven-things.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. WEETZIE BAT!!

    Also: yeah, just don't have time for that Abbey show.

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!