2.07.2012

look what you did, you little jerk!

 moccasins/cardi: target; dress/belt: panache (from 2ish years ago); purse: lucky
david and i live next to a ballroom and below a dance studio. despite the noise, we still like our little 100-year old main street apartment quite a bit. the other night, though, a swim team rented out the ballroom for a party, and some little jerk dumped sprite all over our car! it froze into this sticky, sludgy mess. david went to drive somewhere and had to scrape it off the windshield and he was ticked. so i ran it through the car wash the next day, which was nice. i enjoy the car wash. but still. keep your friggin' sprite away from our car.

also, lately the teenage kids who take ballroom dancing classes in the building have taken to standing around in the hallway where the apartments are and talking...loudly. nothing gets me more irate. when i close the store after a long day and haul myself up the stairs to my apartment (really, when i'm this big, i grab the banister and haul...it's neither pretty nor glamorous), the last thing i want to do is listen to a bunch of kids playing tickle-bottom right outside my door. i've asked them to leave a couple times (they're really not allowed there), but i always kind of hate myself inside because i'm turning into someone teenage brandilyn would have hated. i know i would have rolled my eyes and said something along the lines of, "what's her problem?"

my problem, homegirl, is that i want to eat my dinner and play a game of yahtzee with my husband in peace!
see? i've turned into grumpy pregnant lady.
oh well.

11 comments:

  1. Tickle-bottom! Lololollll I'm DYING!!!!! Hahahahaha. Your outfit is so cozy. Want to snuggle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i'm so happy you caught that! tickle-bottom is mine and david's new favorite phrase. and i def need a snuggle today, thx!

      Delete
  2. I would have been a lot more rude to them than asking nicely! haha!

    ~Eryka

    danielanderyka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly how you feel. I'm especially grumpy when I'm at a hotel and there are people playing hide-and-seek or hanging out by the elevators late at night.

    Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I love checking out your blog and seeing all the hairstyle inspiration you provide me. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha! This made me laugh so hard. Sometimes, nay, every day the neighborhood kids run through our front yard. They make all kinds of tracks through the fresh snow and in the spring, trudge over our flowers. I complain to Chris almost 3 times a week about it and he lets me know how harsh I am being. I still haven't gotten up the courage to say something to these kids...but, ugh. It really bothers me. Stick to the sidewalk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Home Alone, and this made me want to watch this movie. Sorry about annoying Rexburg teens! I would totally tell them off. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, i'm SO happy you caught that reference in the post title!

      Delete
  6. This outfit is so cute! I feautured you over on my blog yesterday!

    -Hannah

    http://blissfullyfeminine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, hannah! i'm honored to be included in such a fabulous bunch! so nice of you :)

      Delete
  7. I'd tell those snot faced teenagers to SCAT! Then again, I'm also the girl who stomps down the stairs to let my neighbor know that I can hear her loud music through my floors. And to please turn it down. But still, I don't think it's too out of line to tell the kids to leave - if they're not supposed to be there, it's not your problem.

    PS - I like your skirt.

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!