3.13.2012

i send it back.

flats: old navy; jeans (m): motherhood; tee: pac sun (billabong); flannel: shaun white for target (little boy's)
this tee shirt was streeeetched to its limits. yowza!
this is an outfit i wore to work on saturday.
it was comfortable.
my mom made fun of my when i bought this flannel because it was in the little boy's section.
and...i think that's all i have to say about that.

yesterday i convinced david to go on a lunch date with me!
he works from home, so on mondays (my day off) i'm always trying to convince him to stop what he's doing and pay attention to me. it's easy to forget that even though he's sitting in our living room, he's still "at the office."  anyways, he decided to take his lunch break and go on a short walk with me to get burgers yesterday! oh happy day.

david's allergic to both gluten and dairy, so his diet is pretty specific. we got our burgers to go so we could come back home and put his on a bun he could eat. we joked the whole walk back that he should have ordered his food like mike starr in season six of the office:
"no cheese. if it comes with cheese, i send it back."
"no bun. if it comes with a bun, i send it back."
...and 12 hours later, we were still giggling at our own clever quoting. we watched that episode just to relive the hilarious restaurant scene (it's the episode called mafia, if you're interested).

on a side note, i need book recommendations!
i'm not huge on YA fairy/werewolf/futuristic books (though i read and enjoyed the hunger games, duh), but i'm game for most anything else and i've been in a reading rut lately.
i'd be eager to hear what you've read and loved!

18 comments:

  1. These is my words!
    Gone with the wind!
    A History of Love.
    A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.
    I Capture the Castle.
    The Book Thief!
    Hannah Coulter (kind of slower, but so sweet and moving).

    The !s mean if you haven't read them you must soon! :) Can you email me your address for my David?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading Lolita in Tehran. it was amazing, and informative.
    Plus, The Help was awesome (although everyone in the world seems to have read it before me!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read "Peace Like a River" by Leif Enger and it was amazing...seriously made me cry. Look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One Thousand White Women has blown my mind!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read The Scrapbook of Frankie Pratt last week and loved it. I finished it in an hour! I'm also a fan of Sarah Dessen when I'm in a funk and need to read something light-hearted. I read East by Edith Pattou a few weeks ago and it was spectacular. Also Paper Towns by John Green. And the Book Thief. The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets.

    ....can you tell I'm a librarian?

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you haven't read the life of pi, which you probably have, that's a pretty good one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Sister's Keeper has got me wishing I could read at work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is a book my mom recommended to me that I read and fell in love with and I am not much of a reader. It is called These is My Words. It is about a young girl crossing from New Mexico to Texas during the time of Indians and war and the trial and tribulations that she face. It is written in journal format and as the book progresses you get to see her develop through her writing style. I honestly loved it and my mom recommended it and we both know our moms are never wrong

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband quotes that ALLL the time!!! haha and how come when I comment now it takes me to a new page? I don't like it because I like to catch up on multiple posts at once! Oh, and either way the shirt- you can't tell! And your hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are so cute! and i love your little boys flannel shirt :-)

    xo
    http://nuhasofiyan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just finished "the weird sisters" and really liked it. I should have given it to you last night! I'll bring it by this week... with a few others. I am annoying when I find a good book, I want everyone to read it ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My new favorite book is The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE "The Kite Runner" and "A Thousand Splendid Suns" if you haven't already read those. I also absolutely adore the Anne of Green Gables series. I guess you could kind of consider those YA, but they were written before YA was considered a genre -- and i think they're just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah... book recommendations, my fellow English major.

    The Patron Saint of Liars - Ann Patchett
    Cowboys are my Weakness - Pam Houston (short stories)
    The Guernsey Literary and Potato-Peel Pie Society - Mary Ann Shaffer
    The Poisonwood Bible - Barbara Kingsolver (I'm on a major Kingsolver kick right now... I've also reading Small Wonder, a book of her essays written post-9/11)

    And that's it for now. Feel free to recommend back. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. If you haven't, read Goose Girl by Shannon Hale. One of my absolute favorite books. Plus, she's LDS. I love GOOD Mormon authors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I own that same buffalo (buffalo?) shirt and I wore it while pregnant too! And I'd like to second that Fault in Our Stars recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The History of Love. Hands down the best book ever. Leo Gursky will melt your heart.


    Shawna Faye

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!