3.20.2012

tentacles. n-t. big difference.

boots: thrifted; jeans (m): motherhood; tank/cardi: panache; coat: tj maxx

i wore this for a date with david on friday night!
our original plans began with a nice, romantic dinner at olive garden (my favorite!).
however, when we got there, the place was packed (i mean, duh. what were we thinking? olive garden at 7:30 on a friday night?) and noisy. crowds make me anxious, so i got my salad and minestrone to go and we hightailed it across town to chick-fil-A for fries and a lettuce-wrapped chicken burger for david. we ate in the parking lot (and may or may not have driven back through a second time for more fries) then headed to target to pick up the last few things we need before junior gets here. BAM! date night success. i even got a sonic strawberry limeade for the drive home.

saturday night, we went to the DI (our local thrift store) and found this gem for our kitchen wall:
for $2, the same price we also got better off dead on VHS for. 
side note: yes, we still own a television with a VHS player attached. and yes, better off dead would kick ferris bueller's day off's whiny butt in an 80's movie smackdown any day. but both of those are beside the point of this post, which is this:
i'd call last weekend a successful weekend of dating. the end, over and out, happy tuesday.

11 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the thrifty finds! Also, you look smoking. Those spring colors look amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun top! Love the colors.

    creamyclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are the best kind of date nights!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOW do you not even look pregnant in the first pic?! fab-u-lous! you're cute. and also...don't tell mom the babysitter's dead is the best 80s flick there ever was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's an optical illusion, heh heh heh. i totally look pregnant all. the. time.
      and i've never even seen that movie, so why don't you and cleo and JF come to idaho for a sleepover with junior and i and we'll watch it? deal?

      Delete
  5. I love you outfit!!! I wish it was on my body right NOW. also, i love olive garden. YUM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, whatever happened to those brown boots with the black band or whatever at the top? I miss those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MY PREGNANT CALVES ARE TOO CHUNKY TO ZIP INTO THEM!
      but it makes me feel really special that you (the coolest person i know) remember my precious boots! i will be busting them out again just as soon as i can fit into them.

      Delete
  7. I love your shirt almost more than I love you. Also, who finds that awesome of a sign ever? I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sort of don't even look pregnant in the first photo. Score.

    I AGREE WITH JULES! I love those.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Better Off Dead. So. Much.

    Miss going to your little shop in little ol' Rexburg. I'll back from Ukraine soon! Congrats for the baby!

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!