4.24.2012

reality

sandals: saltwater; jeans: ae; tee/cardi: target; head scarf: vintage/inherited from my grandmother
serious-faced napping guy
oy, can you tell i've barely seen the sun these last few weeks? and what a shame, because rexburg has begun the most beautiful summer! soon junior and i will be more mobile, though, and for now i'll enjoy our quiet days filled mostly with nursing and napping (the things a 2-week-old is best at).

anyways, we grabbed mission impossible 3 from redbox last night. we had grand visions of snuggling up on the couch and enjoying our gluten-free sugar cookies while junior peacefully slept between us.
15 minutes into the movie we found ourselves with regurgitated breast milk (TMI?) all over the whole family and us sprinting around trying to get everyone bathed and calmed down. my new momma anxiety gave me a full-on hot flash and panic attack, although by that point junior was happily snuggled in david's arms and waiting for a midnight meal to fill his now-empty stomach. go figure.

looks like we'll be paying an extra dollar to keep the movie one more night...

18 comments:

  1. You look so pretty! Great story as newly parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look adorable as always! that first trip out of the house is so nice after baby comes! we ended up taking noah to the zoo the other day just to walk around, it was so pretty outside, he snoozed the whole time & we got fresh air! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWW hopefully he settles down for tonight. But you're looking good!

    A Refreshed Take Off

    ReplyDelete
  4. The movie is def worth the extra dollar! I really enjoyed it. You look great! I love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look ah-mazing!!!!

    When brin was only a few days old, and my mom was still with us, she spit up so bad while I was still nursing her (I think I was burping her when she spit up....) anyways, it came out her nose. It shot right out at me and I screamed, got up with her (boob flopping around) annnnnd my mom was right next to me in the couch AND ryan had just gotten home, so while this was going on he was walking in the door like.....oh man, i should just turn back around!!! Hahahaha so I was thankfully able to give brin to my momr right away and at least get my top back on! It was stressful. But oh so hilarious at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look beautiful! So gorgeous!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dannnng Lil Mama, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. BRANDILYN WWWWWWWWTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFF. did you even have a baby? that pregnancy was all fake wasnt it... u look like u were never ever pregnant. i so hate you/jealous of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah! Mama Bran! You're the cutest, I love him and I've never met him. P.s. You look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hot mama! seriously, i hope i look that good two weeks post baby.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahahaha WOW. Girl motherhood looks GOOD on you. And if I had to place a bet on whether or not you just had a baby, judging by that picture, I would say no. Seriously you look amazing. And your little boy is precious. I am so happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Still looking dapper as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like your sandals and the colors paired together by your cardigan and tee. Congrats on your little one!

    Regan
    a-fashion-ado.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well you look amazing. And I love your cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this look, relaxed yet chic! Congrats on the baby... so cute! I have 4 year old twin girls... they keep me on my toes that's for sure! xoxo

    www.fashionmavenmommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh, i sooooo remember those days!!!! I have a 3 year old who is potty training so I promise you, the fun continues....but the anxiety part will ease up, i can promise that too! Congrats on being a fabulous, fashionable beautiful mom!!!!

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!