6.25.2012

s w e e t

a few snapshots of our weekend:




-i made jam. strawberry freezer jam. it tastes like summertime and now we put it on everything we eat. david had the brilliant idea of giving the berries a good mush in the food processor instead of smashing them by hand, and it was just the ticket. jammy perfection.

-we had tinfoil (hobo?) dinners on saturday night. 
david opened his and said, "holy smokes, this is so much food."
he ate half. i ate my entire dinner and then finished his. 
joony's having a growth spurt, and the two of us practically eat non-stop.

-david brought his dirt bike out to the wilderness and ripped around some mountain trails. 
i even took it for a short spin myself, and wouldn't you know, that thing is one fun machine.

-i spent my weekend in shorts and a tee shirt, and it was awesome.
sometimes, instead of outfit blogging, it's nice to use clothes for comfort, my camera for pictures of my family, and this blog for documenting a very sweet summertime.

4 comments:

  1. fresh strawberries in the summer are the best!

    http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks like you had a lot of fun! tinfoil dinners are so yummy, we love them! noah has those same little monkey carseat strap covers and he's always gnawing on the monkey ears haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, rats! Now you've made me miss my mom's strawberry freezer jam (which I doubt I could replicate). And thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! I do appreciate my days as a student now much more since I'm no longer a student. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I spent my weekend in shorts and a tee shirt, and it was awesome.
    sometimes, instead of outfit blogging, it's nice to use clothes for comfort, my camera for pictures of my family, and this blog for documenting a very sweet summertime."

    ^^^ Those are the things that are truly important in life. I approve.

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!