7.26.2012

branswers: if you love tee shirts...

all i want to wear these days is a tee shirt, shorts, and sandals. it's not that i don't want to make the effort to put together something more interesting, it's just hot! and i like tee shirts. so i thought i'd share two tee shirt refashions!
this is just a men's shirt with the sleeves taken in to give it a more feminine fit. i was going to write a quick tutorial (it's ridiculously simple) but the lady hue just did on the other day, so i'll just send you her way instead!
the second one is just a plain white tee shirt i stamped with triangles. i cut a foam make-up sponge into the shape i wanted, dipped it in acrylic paint (the kind from wal mart, so fancy!), stamped out my pattern, and washed my shirt once it was dry. easy peasy. kate did one with polka dots and one with stripes and they both turned out mega cute.
added a couple on the back for good measure!
and that's it! summertime comfort with an added WA-BLAM!

15 comments:

  1. Is your hair a smidge darker?? I am just loving the color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good eye, julia! it totally is. blonde is so high maintenance and sitting through a long hair appointment just isn't going to happen with the joons! i'm back to my natural color and it feels oh-so-good. the lack of 2-inch roots feels refreshing as well ;)

      Delete
  2. Love the triangles - too cute. And I totally agree - it is so hard to come up with anything other than a tee when it is so hot!

    Also, I'm giving away a little boy's bow tie on my blog right now - thought you might be interested. :)

    preethi
    lace, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're cool. and i love your hair. i'm dyeing mine brown next hair appt. i wanted to do it this month and JJ said, "BUT YOU CAN'T BE BROWN UNTIL FALL LACIE!" omg. he's ridiculous. anyway, is brown hair a mom thing? blonde is too high maintenance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I really don't blame you! If I looked that good in T-Shirts and shorts I'd wear them all the time too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool cool! I'll have to try the stamping idea. Love your shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute idea! I'll have to try that to glam up some of my boring shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are so stylish! Where do you shop for modest clothes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, cindy! thank you so much! in normal outfit posts, i'll post where i got individual items from. email me if you'd like more specific details about something!

      Delete
  8. so cute!!! i love stealing my boyfriends tshirts and making them my own. :)

    want to follow each other??

    xxo,http://www.richlittle-poorgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are so cute! i love both of them! also, your hair is seriously gorgeous... i wish mine could look just like it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute ideas! And I love the way your hair is curled!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute!!! hooray for the red shirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ps. this is awesome:
    oh, hey!

    i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

    i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!