8.20.2012

in which i pee on a stick

sandals: kmart; skirt: old navy dress cut in half; belt: f21; tee: target; necklace: nikki lorraine
it's been over a year now since the day i found out i was pregnant!
i tried not to talk too much about pregnancy around here because i figured you were here for the outfits and not life ramblings...but today, i'm a lady on a tangent!

it had been a year or so since we'd started crossing our fingers for pregnancy. i know that seems like a really long time to some, while to others it's not bad at all. either way, a year had passed and sometimes i was patient and sometimes i was very frustrated. i bought a pregnancy test that day without thinking too much about it, though. i hadn't been tracking anything that month and david was out of town on business that day.

i did my thing in the bathroom and...the first test was a dud. no line in either window. i tossed it in the trash and went to work all day without a second thought to it. when i came home, the second test from the box was sitting right there on the bathroom counter so i took it...and you know the rest of the story.

i laugh-cried hysterically in my bathroom for a good 20 minutes before pulling myself together and heading to salt lake, where i was meeting up with david to go to a good friend's wedding reception (i wore this!). i picked up a onesie from target that read little peanut and gave it to him that night in the crappy little hotel room we stayed in. we cried and prayed together and felt so much hope and joy and it was just the best ever.

...and that is how i found out about the existence of our little junior.

9 comments:

  1. How did you deal with trying to get pregnant that long and not having results? We have been trying 10 months and every month I get so discouraged and then I get nasty at my husband, and then I start putting myself down. Then I think maybe we can't have kids, its this huge ordeal haha.

    http://polkadotsandpencilskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i just sent you an email because my response was basically a novel :)

      Delete
  2. I am so glad you were pregnant, not just for you personally (though that of course!) but because your blog is one of my favorite maternity-wear chronicles. Now that I'm 4 months along I am revisiting all of the blogs I bookmarked back then and trying to figure out what the heck to wear on this changing body, and I am so grateful for yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, thank you...and congratulations! dressing for pregnancy is tricky and can be frustrating because your body is so different and you just want to feel pretty, dangit! maxi anything will become your best friend, i promise :) good luck - i'm sure you look amazing!

      Delete
  3. what a beautiful post! i enjoy hearing about your life and your outfits:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me teary-eyed! I love reading special little stories like this. This was especially good for me to read today because Jax is being really really challenging today :) haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the life ramblings! Especially involving super-sweet pregnancy stories :)

    Life etc

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for sharing this! while i very much enjoy your outfits + musings, i also really love to hear about your real life (outside of clothes!). we've been trying for 12+ months now, and its nice to hear stories of others who know what it feels like and to know there is hope!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm here for the life ramblings :) Outfits don't matter to me. And I think that's the sweetest story! So glad you guys were blessed to become parents!

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!