10.08.2012

growing a joony

i've been meaning to do this for...well, for six months now, i guess! i finally got around to it, and here's me growing a joony, from just a few days after i found out until a few days before he showed up. being an outfit blogger helped quite a bit with documenting my pregnancy.
i gained a lot of weight in those 40 weeks...but i guess everyone does, right? it astounds me to look through these pictures now, though (that butt just wouldn't quit!). being a mom is not work for the faint of heart. i miss pregnancy, and not in an i-want-another-baby-now way...i just really loved being joony's home. it was a fun time in my life, although this baby stuff is pretty fantastic, too.
i knew having a baby would be an emotional roller coaster, but i didn't expect it to still be going six months after his arrival! you know how some people say that we only use a small percentage of our brain? well, i don't know if i believe that, but i do feel like i only used a small percentage of my heart before joony was born and all of a sudden it's exploded with so much love i can hardly stand it.  last week everything made me weepy--talking to some dear friends who are expecting a little one any day now, rocking my boy to sleep, just thinking about my new role in life had me teary.
anyways, i hope you don't mind the short break from outfit pictures for the day so i can be a sentimental mom blogger for a bit. it's good to be a mom, and i'm like sharing that joy with you from time to time.

9 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about missing being pregnant, i feel the same way. Your little guy is so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this almost made me cry and im not even pregnant!! i just love joony too he's so precious. also that first picture is just making me crack up..his face is priceless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute. You make me want to be a mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! You're so lucky you have all these pictures! I wish I had more of when I was pregnant with Jax!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness this is amazing. You look gorgeous in every photo and your words are very sweet. That baby is getting cuter and cuter. Can't wait to meet him someday soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw I love this. I love you and Joons and you are one of the best moms I know!


    (p.s. yeah that "you only use 10% of your brain" thing? It's a load of crap... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw, that was so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous :) what an amazing array of pictures! what i see most of all here is how gracefully and beautifully you grew that baby in your belly :) and it's fun to see what a variety of outfits you came up with to house that ever-growing babe... i'd be like "oh it's tuesday? ok it's blue hoodie & lululemons today (just like yesterday oops!)" xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. he is seriously cute. and, two years in, i'm pretty sure the mommy-coaster-of-emotions never slows down, but i think it's a beautiful thing! :)

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!