10.23.2012

pumpkin chocolate chip bread: turning heads when it walks through the door


boots: kohls; pants/scarf: panache; chambray: target; earrings: ? claire's 2005?
this time last year, i was pregnant. with joony. i didn't really have any crazy cravings, but as soon as fall came around (*insert rambling about sweaters and boots and leaves*) all i wanted was great harvest's pumpkin chocolate chip bread. it is so good. every single day i would walk down to great harvest to try to buy a loaf, and every single day they were sold out. i mean, duh, it was autumn and it's a pumpkin-flavored loaf of bread, so of course it sold quickly. i just really wanted it, okay? i was even willing to pay the stupidly high price of $7 for one loaf.
all of that to say...the other day i went in to get a turkey pesto sandwich (so delicious, by the way), and sitting there on the shelf were like fifteen loaves of pumpkin chocolate chip bread. i COULD NOT walk out without one. it hasn't disappointed, either. i have it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. i wish i'd bought 2 more loaves! maybe not. well, okay, yeah. i do wish i had. that bread lights up my world like nobody else. the way it flips its hair gets me overwhelmed...when it smiles at the ground...sorry, i'm done.

8 comments:

  1. ha! that last little part made me laugh out loud! and the entire post made me hungry for some pumpkin chocolate bread.. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried it, but is sounds so good...especially since it started snowing today for a bit! :)

    http://bronsonbloopers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my most favorite things about your blog is how your movie quotes/song lyrics just keep going :) Also, I have pumpkin chocolate chip cookies in the oven as I type this (one box of spice cake mix, one can of pumpkin, one cup of chocolate chips 350 for 10-15min if you were curious)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i just love love your style!!! You are darling! That pumpkin chocolate bread looks amazing!!!! Now following and cannot wait to read more!

    xoxo

    http://elisemn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bread is THE BEST! So so good! If you ever find a recipe that tastes like it, you have to post it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I lived there I worked down the street - EVERY break my friends & I would go grab a free slice. And the pumpkin-choco chip was my ultimate fave. LOVE that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I want to eat that bread! And I love your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am with you in loving Great Harvest bread especially the pumpkin chocolate chip bread. Too bad, I don't live near one anymore.

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!