12.04.2012

pitch black and diaperless

booties/jeans/turtleneck: target; chevron top: panache
i wore this to do a holiday photo shoot for our panache blog!
the shoot was of a bunch of different outfits consisting entirely of stuff from the store...so i didn't actually wear this for the pictures, but it helped get me in a holiday frame of mind. you know how they have method acting or whatever? i'm totes a method model. HA. such a jokester.

here's a horrifying thing that happened to me the other day:
the bathrooms in my church building have motion sensors, so when no one's in there, the lights flip off. i walked into the bathroom the other day and pulled down the changing table to change joony's diaper, and mid-change...the lights in the bathroom flip off, leaving the two of us in complete darkness. so joony's diaperless on the table, which means a potential spray to my face (gross), and i can't see to finish the change. so i put one hand on joony's chest so doesn't roll away and start waving my arms and doing a little jig to try and trip the motion sensor. no dice. finally i remember my flashlight app (+1 for smartphones!) and dig my phone out of the diaper bag to help me finish the task at hand. as soon as i picked joons up and stepped away from the changing table, the lights flipped back on. of course. moral of the story: take a buddy when you do diaper changes. or don't, i don't care, just don't come crying to me when you get pee in your face.

7 comments:

  1. TAKE ME!!!! ill be your diaper changing biotch. then when we all move to arizona and i become ur mexican nanny ill learn spanish so i can teach joony!! moral of the story: if you ever move im coming with you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DONE. i neeeeeed you in my lyyyfe.

      Delete
  2. you look skinnier than before you had the baby... whyyyy!??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh man, thank you! having a baby really changes things, but more than anything, it gave me a new level of appreciation for what our bodies are capable of!

      Delete
  3. Oh My Goodness!!! Your blog is seriously one of the best out there!! You are so funny and have a great sense of style :) Thanks for always making me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaw, comments like this make my whole day! thank you so much, abbatha!

      Delete
  4. You look fantastic! I LOVE THAT SWEATER. And how horrible that you got stuck in the dark!

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!