12.10.2012

SAHM

minnetonka moccasins; ae jeans/thrift store; target tee; f21 scarf; lucky bag
the end of last week kicked off a whole new era in my life.
since i've known david, he's worked from a home office. it had ups and downs, like any work situation. i loved that every single day we got to eat lunch together, and if we'd had an especially long night with the joonster, he could sleep in with us. if he heard me having a rough go of nap time, he'd poke his head in and help me get the little man to sleep. i know it was also sometimes hard for him to focus on work when there were other things going on in the house, though, and it was sometimes hard for me to remember that he was working, not home and available to hang out with me all day.

but...on friday, david started a brand-new job that isn't at home! we're really excited about this new development in his career and in our lives. i've been lucky enough to be home with joony full-time since he was born (although i worked the store up until 3 days before i had him!), but david's always been there, too. so now, it's just me and joony, home alone together! i know a good majority of the moms out there in blog-world are in my exact same situation, so it's not new or novel to you, but it feels strange to me. i didn't expect to feel so immediately lonely! joony is great company, though, and it's been a lot of fun to make a happy place for david to come home to every night. i feel so lucky to be able to stay at home with joony while he's so young.

so...here's to SAHMs everywhere! (does an acronym make me seem like a cooler SAHM??)

7 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. Because Buck is in school he is home a lot to do homework. It will be hard when he gets a job after school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love simple but oh so pretty outfits. And your bag is amazing. This is such a happy post even though it's such a big change. I'm glad you guys are happy! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! that bag has transitioned wonderfully from a school bag into a diaper bag. and change is good, right?! it keeps us on our toes!

      Delete
  3. I thought SAHM meant Such A Hot Mom :) That's what I'm going with anyway...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! well that just made my day. thanks, anonymous!

      Delete
  4. ohhh, cheeky anonymous!!

    steve was home the semester he was on sabbatical, and i actually found that i liked it more when he wasn't home. is that weird?! it was hard to know that he was there for work and to pretend that he sort of wasn't there... ya know?

    either way it's a change! and transitions can be rough. good luck w/ it girl! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i had the exact same problem! it was always, "just come to target with me, it'll be fun!" and he's like, "buuut...i'm at work...." it is nice to have a productive day, and then to sit down with him at the end of it and chat about what we did separately. and the look on joony's face when he walks through the door melts me.

      Delete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!