1.04.2013

bald winner without a statement necklace

madewell archive boot; express tights; old navy clearance skirt; lovenell top

while taking these pictures a couple days ago, david popped up from behind the camera and said thoughtfully, "i feel like you need a statement necklace with this one...yes, a statement necklace." and i laughed condescendingly and told him to shut his pretty mouth and keep taking pictures. or something. actually, i think i probably said, "it's freezing cold! these are great!"

oh, and see that sun shining through my hair? you can see it because my hair is now paper thin. i was warned about postpartum hair loss once or twice, but thought, "hmm, my hair doesn't seem any thicker since i've been pregnant, i doubt i'll lose a ton after the baby's here!" and then the first few months of joony's life passed and nothing seemed different, and i was like, "see? all clear." oh boy. how wrong i was. when joony was about six months old, it started falling out big time. i'm talking clumps of hair. my ponytail is about an inch in diameter these days...it's getting a little ridiculous. i said good-bye to my body after my first trimester with a shrug and a, "yep, saw that coming." but this one is catching me off guard! luckily, hair grows, and i'd rather have a joony than a full, luscious head of hair.

and ONE MORE THING: i won my top in a giveaway! a huge giveaway, actually, from bridget's blog. soon i will blog about all the awesome stuff i walked away with it, because ohmuhgarsh...it has been so much fun.

10 comments:

  1. Ha. He's just trying to be supportive. Though I don't know if I could keep a straight face either. And postpartum hair loss scares the crap outta me. I'm due in March and it's really one of my biggest fears!

    Memoirs & Mochas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i was being a bit dramatic in the post...it's really not that bad, and when you have a cute little baby to snuggle, the cliche of "it's all worth it!" is so true. and congratulations!! the spring is the BEST time to have a baby, i'm convinced of it.

      Delete
  2. Bahahaha! O man the things husband say I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha that is so funny! i love the hubbies of bloggers. they say the best stuff.
    you look great!
    also, you should see my hair, if you want to talk thin hair.
    and i haven't even had a baby, boy im in trouble.

    K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i *think* you're just being really nice and saying this to make me feel better, because i just blog stalked you and your hair is GORGEOUS!!

      Delete
  4. Do not fret! For during pregnancy your body produces a hormone that prolongs the second stage of hair growth not allowing you to loose the hair you normally would during that time. During postpartum that hormone is no longer being produced so the hair that would have fallen out in those 40 glorious weeks is now falling out. New hair will sprout in its place. It should only last 2 to 4 weeks and by 8 you will see and feel the new growth.
    Love your friendly Paul Mitchell Hair Instructor
    (sarah Clark)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am so lucky to have genius friends!! and especially genius friends with a gorgeous head of hair and a gorgeous new little guy ;) thank you, sarah! you rock!

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear that your hair has been falling out! Have you tried Nioxin? It's this shampoo that encourages hair growth, and it really works. It also makes your scalp tingly and feels awesome. :) But I definitely think you should take your friends' advice, too, and know that it will come back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'll look into it!! will it make hair grow on my back, though?? haha i had a friend who said she did a hair growth treatment and it made her BACK hairy from when she was rinsing it out!! i guess i could rinse upside down...

      Delete
  6. Your skirt caught my eye because I have one similar, only it's longer and mine is from Target. Another difference is that yours looks really cute and mine makes me look like a zebra. And I'm postpartum here too.

    I'm not sure if you're nursing but my hair stopped falling out when I stopped nursing at around 12 months. So there is light at the end of the tunnel.



    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!