1.21.2013

posing and yin/yang

dress: gap 2008; everything else in this outfit and my closet: target

this is one of those outfits that i saw pictures of and was like, "well hm, that's unflattering." and those boots are new. $10 target clearance, holler! actually, my bff bought them before me and i thought, "yeah, those are pretty cute." and then she wore them that night with the cutest outfit and it was like, "MINE NOW I NEED THEM." so i'm just a poser. i haven't called anyone a poser since maybe 7th grade, but that's what i am. a boot poser. not posing with the purple legs, though. those avatar stems are alllllll mine.

my yin/yang day from last week:

morning
+ no napping, just a whole lot of whining
+ SIX different stops to try and find a postcard, which apparently nobody sells anymore?
+ spilled pero
+ one slamming headache
+ dirty hair & no time to shower (see above: sad joony)
+ almost getting hit by a reckless driver in a snowy parking lot
+ my wreath falling off my door as i was walking outside (a dumb thing, but the icing on the cake)

afternoon
+ one long nap for my boy
+ bambino breadsticks & diet coke for lunch
+ fresh, clean laundry to fold
+ a happy inbox full of the fun kind of email
+ my cassette player coming in the mail (product of the 90's right here) so i can listen to my audiobook
+ a smiley boy up from his long nap

7 comments:

  1. OH NO! I am sooo very sorry for the postcard problem!!!! - Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, no worries at ALL, I found one!! I swear I see them ALL THE TIME, except for the day when I'm looking for one! Isn't that just how it goes sometimes?

      Delete
  2. wait, seriously no postcards? what the heck? weird.
    and i know what you mean about the wreath, just one of those things.
    and my husband thinks diet coke fixes everything.
    you still look cute.
    that sweater looks soo comfy.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you bought a tape player! I used my Walkman (the original kind with the tape player, not the CD Walkman) to pieces. I kind of miss it now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but
    I find this topic to be really something which I think I would
    never understand. It seems too complicated and very broad for me.
    I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
    Feel free to visit my weblog Photography Tricks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I just came across your blog, and I love it! I’ve decided to follow you! If you get a minute, I’d love to know what you think of my latest outfit post! While you’re visiting, follow along so we can keep in touch! :)
    xo, elle from Living in Color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those shoes! I need to look at Target more, seriously!

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!