1.18.2013

snowmobiling getaway

dinner at the knotty pine in victor, ID. the atmosphere was so relaxed, the food was delicious, it was wonderful.
also we kept saying "naughty pine" and giggling like the 12 year old boys we really are.
david's always so happy when i whip my phone out for a picture...especially when i accompany it with, "c'mon, my hair looks really good today!"
cozy cozy cozy
i don't usually take pictures of myself post-workout because..yuck...but this day was special. i took advantage of the hotel's gym and ran, for the first time in my life, a mile without stopping to walk once. i am really and truly starting from zero with training for my race in march and this was my first big breakthrough. i was pretty proud of myself.



if you look closely, you will see that david is wearing a one-piece snowsuit. he wore it on our first date (snowboarding), too. it always makes me laugh.
last week, we realized that david had saturday off work and he also had a free night credit on hotels.com leftover from a bunch of work travel he'd done recently. we asked my bff, megan, to stay with joony for the night and we were set! actually, it wasn't that simple because it was my first night ever away from joony, but we did all right. david and i ate dinner at a dimly-lit, delicious little restaurant, spent the night in a cabin-esque hotel, and then rented snowmobiles for the afternoon on saturday. we rode through the big hole mountains, freezing our faces off, and laughed and got stuck a few times and overall just goofed off. coming home to our joonbugs was the sweetest thin ever, but it was so good to take some time for just us amid all the crazy changes in our lives lately. i love that husband of mine and i'm grateful for every day i get to spend with him.

7 comments:

  1. This looks so fun, Bran! And congrats on the mile! It is seriously the best break through and, while the training is tough, that first mile for me was the hardest part. I think it's a mental thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KEEP GOING! Keep running! I started from nothing, less than nothing, legs like lead, back in October and I'm running without pain and actually enjoying it (what?!), training for a 5k in a few weeks and a half marathon in May. YOU CAN DO IT! I'm running with you! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristen, I can't even begin to tell you how much that encouragement means to me! Everyone keeps saying it will get easier and I just haven't felt it yet...but I'm hopeful! I know I'll enjoy it if I keep going!! And good luck in your upcoming races, you are my HERO!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pictures of the outdoors! I know how you feel with working out...I'm trying to get myself to the gym as often as I can before April when I take a vacation. You can do it! :)

    Ashley @
    http://bronsonbloopers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for Bernardo Rheingold

    My web page; zioon.be

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this,
    like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you
    can do with a few pics to drive the message home a little bit, but other than
    that, this is wonderful blog. An excellent read. I will definitely be back.


    Feel free to surf to my web site; cheap Edu links

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really thankful to the owner of this web
    site who has shared this impressive paragraph at at this place.


    my weblog; magic of making up reviews
    My site - businessmodelsbeyondprofit.com

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!