4.02.2013

a couple currents

flats: target; pants: panache; tank: f21; jacket: american eagle

Thinking about: What a special month April is for me.  This won't be the last time I get sappy on here about this month (it's April 2 and I've done it in 2 posts now...), but celebrating Springtime and new life and the month that made me Joony's mom is very close to my heart.

Reading: The Book Thief.  I'm in a book club (which is pretty much my new favorite thing) and I didn't quite finish the book before our meeting.  Discussing it got me excited to, though!  I also have like 10 books on my shelf begging me to read them.  I need to get my butt off the internet and into a book.

Listening to: Our voices echoing around the empty living room.  We sold our couch, love seat, and overstuffed chair on Sunday and bought new, preeeeeeeetty ones yesterday.  We are chronic Craigslist buyers/sellers, but this time we sucked it up and bought new furniture.  It's being delivered today and I can hardly wait!

Looking forward to: Joony's birthday!  Homeboy will have no idea what's going on, but I'm excited to celebrate and spend a day doing all of his favorite things...which won't be that different from every other day, I guess.  Our world pretty much revolves around our Joon Bug.

Watching: The Voice.  I never keep up with shows like that, but there are a couple of Rexburg guys there this season and they are good. Let's go Midas Whale!

Making me happy: The armholes on that tank top I'm wearing in this picture.  They are 80's-muscle-shirt-style long, with a weirdly high neckline.  This, however, makes it awesome for discreetly feeding Joony in public...because the armholes are big enough for nursing access.  I know that is so the opposite of what Forever 21 had in mind when they designed it, but it's awesome anyways.

**Inspired by Danielle's currently post

6 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! I haven't been able to get into the Book Thief. I keep picking it up but can't make it past the first 30 pages. Maybe I'll keep giving it a try.


    Memoirs & Mochas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Push past those first 30 pages! I promise you will get into it. It really is so beautiful!

      Delete
  3. Sigh... I've always wanted to be in a book club! I'm determined to start one eventually.


    Sincerely, Dani Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It was so much fun to get together with new friends and discuss a book..and really, chat and socialize, too!

      Delete
  4. You seriously need to stay up all night and finish The Book Thief. It's in my top 10 favorite books of all time -- and that's saying something. :) Also, I am so obsessed with The Voice, and Midas Whale is awesome! I was proud when they said they were from Idaho. Yay-yah!

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!