4.05.2013

Easters

maxi dress: f21 via panache (old); jacket: american eagle; sandals: target
File this under the "outfits worth posting?" category.  Oh well.  This was Easter Sunday and it made me feel pretty AND it was so, so comfortable.

Holidays are funny away from family.  We kind of feel like we should be doing something special and fancy, but since it's just the three of us (and Joony still doesn't really know what's going on), it doesn't feel the same.  On Easter Sunday we enjoyed a perfect church service, even though Joons was a squirmy worm. The choir performed this hymn*, which is my favorite and immediately eased a little homesickness.  I made a roast chicken and we had Megan over for dinner, which is as close to family as it gets.  We also took this little family snap shot:
This dress makes me feel like I look pregnant...maybe because the last time I wore it I was massively round.  Either way, the case for maxi dresses and skirts being fancy pajamas still stands and I love them in the summertime.

*I just found this version by Mumford & Sons.  You should listen to both.  Whenever I sit and listen to this hymn quietly, it leaves me in tears.  Bind my wandering heart to thee...goshdurnit, that is beautiful stuff.

7 comments:

  1. Oh i love that hymn, and i cant wait to hear the mumford and sons rendetion :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hymn...however all I could think was "Do you not know I've had diarrhea since easters?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you tell him they were the Lord's chips?

      Delete
  3. My favorite hymn! I love Sufjan Stevens's version, toon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so I've been reading your blog since before your baby Joony Bear was born and I've never commented. I just wanted to say that I seriously adore your family and your blog! You seem so genuine. I love that you don't have to curse to keep people interested. I also love that you see the beauty and importance of being a stay at home mommy to your kiddo and that you're not ashamed to promote your religious beliefs (by the way, I'm protestant and single but I still relate to you)! I also love Mumford and sons, yoga and cheap hippie clothes. In short, I basically think we should be best friends, lol. I just wanted to drop you a note letting you know that someone across the country loves cats and cardigans :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, THANK YOU, Tina! This comment made my whole day. I love blogging because it connects me with awesome people like you who I never would have met otherwise. Thank you thank you for reading and saying hello!!

      Delete
  5. I love everything about this post. You are so funny (still loving the last line)! I love this see my blog http://tr3ndygirl.com/

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!