4.11.2013

(i carry it in my heart)


Today my little boy turns one year old.
So please just pardon me while I spend the entire day in tears, it's sped by so fast it leaves me dizzy.

David Clark, you have left me stunned and speechless at this love I am capable of feeling.
Finding a whole new reason to live has made this last year sweeter than any other one in my life.
The sleepless nights (12 months of sleepless nights!), the tantrums, the poops and the spit ups.
The sweet, quiet hours (so many hours!) spent nursing, the gummy smiles that turned into gap-toothed smiles, your warm little hands and pointed index finger, the army crawl you've perfected.  I am amazed by you, the most spectacular thing in the whole universe.  We belong to each other and that is the very best thing I know.
You are smart and affectionate and serious and clever and so darned cute, I can't believe you exist.  Every day is brighter because of you.

I love you, sweet Joony, more than I will ever have words to say.  Happy birthday!


(And one year ago: Joony is born!)

16 comments:

  1. I LOVE the video you made! That song is perfect! Now bring me that baby so I can squeeze him! Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on my way!! We miss you guys so freakin much, Brookie.

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday to BOTH of you!! I'm a month out from my baby's first birthday (11 months today!). I'm sure you are reliving the day over and over. I hope today is just as wonderful! :)

    Christina
    themurrayedlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you for saying BOTH! My mom and I were just talking about how, since they don't really know what's going on for the first birthday, it's kind of more for the parents to celebrate surviving a year with a baby. I am totally replaying his birth day over and over in my head today!

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday to your beautiful boy! I began reading your blog while you were still pregnant, and it's been so fun reading about his and your first year together! congratulations, he's such a happy and good looking little man! you're so lucky :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you thank you!! I do feel insanely lucky.

      Delete
  4. I LOVE the update photos. It is so fun to watch how much they change in a year. The 1st birthday is ALWAYS bittersweet for me. I feel so sad that my baby is growing up. I LOVE toddlers too though, so you will enjoy the next year just as much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you for saying that, Tannie! I've been so sad that we're starting to say good-bye to the "baby" phase in life. Playing with Deirdre in nursery has helped me see how much fun they are at those ages too, though! She sure is a cutie!

      Delete
  5. Even I'M in tears after watching that video. Love you Joony's Mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful. Love you so much, Bran. And that sweetest boy. It doesn't help that I'm also moving because this blog post has be all emosh...

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh man. it's all here, isn't it? you've captured it! looove this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Motherhood makes us gushy, but it is the best kind of/reason for gushy. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOONY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're such a beautiful mother. It's been fun to follow your blog and your sweet little family. And I love that poem and think I will steal your sentiment for my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Om g he is so cute, love how you did the pictures ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved his video so much, we're looking forward to putting noah's together soon! Happy Birthday Joony! I've loved following your journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have loved watching him grow up on your blog. He is adorable -- and you are a wonderful mother.

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!