4.19.2013

I guess she's on crack.

minnetonka moccasins; ae jeans & belt; j.crew top via berkeley buffalo exchange; panache necklace

Megan took this picture for me, and it created an uncomfortable situation.
It wasn't uncomfortable because Megan took the pictures.  She's awesome.  A little background:

My upstairs neighbors had a dog.  I love dogs, but when we moved in our landlords made it clear that no pets were allowed anywhere on the premises, so we were surprised to see a dog running around and barking at us every time we came or went.  I was a little peeved (I want a dog!), but moved on with my life.

As the winter snow started melting, we noticed a smell in our entryway.  A strong smell.  A smell like dog pee, you know?  It became obvious that the neighbor's dog had peed in our entryway, it had frozen, and now that it was warming up...yes. Pee puddles.  So we called our landlords and politely asked if the situation could be taken care of (one of the joys of renting, right?).  They called us back, said they'd called the neighbors with the dog to let them know that we specifically had complained (awesome), and they said we were the ones with a dog.  Huh?  We assured our landlord that we did not, in fact, have a dog, yadda yadda, end of story.

So it became a little bit uncomfortable to pass those neighbors in the front yard from time to time, but oh well.  The other day, though, when I asked Megan to snap a few outfit pictures, we got a little giggly.  I went running out into the backyard cheerleader style, kicking my feet up and with my hands in the air, and shouted, "Let's take some pictchas guuurl!"  Right then, I looked up on that neighbor's balcony, and she was standing there looking at me with raised eyebrows...then rolled her eyes and slowly walked back into her apartment.  Heeeeyyyy neighbor!

Anyways, I guess it's all moot now because they moved out last week and there will no longer be dog feces all over our yard.  And then she dropped out of school because no one would talk to her, and she came back in the fall for high school, and all of her hair was cut off and she was totally weird.  Now I guess she's on crack.

7 comments:

  1. Pee puddles and a long mean girls quote. I love cats and cardigans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They said the dog was yours....! People are so BIZARRE!

    also,

    I don't know how to make it so that I can reply specifically to the comments on my blog but I was so excited to see that you read The Red Tent also! Wish I had a book club and people to talk to about the books I read. But I'll take a comment on my spastic blog posts instead. :) And I agree, I was less enchanted by the second half as well. I hate when authors make you fall in love with a book and then spend the last portion of it writing a practically different book. You know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHA!!!!! that was literally the best day ever im cracking up thinking about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG. Townhomes in IF, SAME story, snow melts, dog poo EVERYWHERE (including right where you stand to open your mailbox). Uggghhhhhhh. We have to take our football to the park.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHAHA
    We had a apt in Rexburg (one of those ones with just 4) and had to complain about the upstairs neighbors and their kid being super duper loud. So loud early mornings/nights that we'd bang on the walls. They were in our ward, mind you. So then the landlord had to be a mediator because none of us wanted to talk to each other. *sigh*
    I don't miss apartment living...... at all.... haha

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!