4.17.2013

just like every cowboy sings a sad, sad song

oxfords: flats; skirt: blue bird; belt/top: f21
I initially planned to have a post go up yesterday, but every time I sat down to write, my words felt trite and silly amid the panic and fear of what's happening in Boston.  I don't really have anything to say that hasn't already been shared a thousand times around social media (I especially liked Danielle's post), but my prayers are with everyone affected and my heart aches for the families of the deceased.

I thought I'd revisit the Rose, Thorn, Bud posting template as a reminder of the happy little things in my world.

Rose:
- My sister-in-law posted newborn pictures of my niece, and one of both of my beautiful nieces.  Is there anything better in the world than being a Auntie? Well, yes, being an Auntie who lives close enough to hug those cuties whenever I want.  That would be better.  But those pictures sure made me smile.

- Fresh flowers!  This Spring I've been keeping a fresh bouquet in my living room and I love how it brightens the house.

- Dr. Pepper & cheese sticks...two pregnancy food loves that are still going strong a year later.  I limit the soda to a little 7.5 oz. can every other(ish) day, and I look forward to it with embarrassing enthusiasm.  The cheese sticks I just go hog wild on.

- Using Google Translate to speak in (broken) Spanish to David (he's fluent) (sorry, muy fluido).  His belly laugh kept me going long after the joke should have died.

Thorn:
- Since I mentioned it above, being far away from family.  I constantly feel like a piece of me is missing.  I am always homesick.

- Dishes and laundry...the two never end, do they?  Sometimes I start folding laundry and my mind goes a little haywire imagining the years and years of dirty socks I have ahead of me.  It's okay, though, if the dirty laundry and dishes come as a result of full bellies and happy bodies.

- TV shopping. Uuurrgh so boring, they're all the same to me, and it's conversation laden with lingo I don't understand.  I will happily hang out in the clothing/baby/shoe departments of Target by myself rather than set a toe in electronics.

Bud:
- Book club!  I'm hosting next month and the books have been different than what I usually read, so I'm eager to see what everyone else thinks.  Making new friends = my jam.

- A vacation...nothing planned, but ooh are we itching for a tropical clime.

Rose, thorn, & bud is inspired by Miss Ali, whom I was so excited to see post yesterday...and such happy news! 

5 comments:

  1. i love the outfit today and the rose,thorn,bud idea. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm so happy to have it cleaned up a bit.

      Delete
  3. I WANNA BE IN YOUR BOOKCLUB SO BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm seriously in love with your outfit! You look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!