4.22.2013

Native Americans always said that working with hides and pelts releases the soul.

sandals: target; skirt: blue bird; top/necklace: panache
Weekend:

- Two men were playing live music in the produce section of our local grocery store and it made me feel anxious.  Was I supposed to stop and listen?  Stick my hands in my pockets and nod my head like I was trying to be cool at a live show?  Ignore them and buy my produce?  I just needed some carrots!

- We bought our first TV ever.  For our first couple married years, we used the television I got for my 16th birthday from my parents, and then a massive, free Craigslist TV.  So we finally bought a flat screen for our living room!  Baller.

- JOONY CRAWLED WITH HIS FAT LITTLE BELLY UP OFF THE GROUND!

- While shopping online for a TV stand, David looked at yellow one and said, "Does it make us look super Idaho? Or like an Indie-hipster family? We don't want to go there."  I love living with someone who cracks me up every day.

- Baking a huge vanilla cake all for myself because it sounded good and I love cake and when David works on Saturdays, I let myself go a little treat-crazy.

- Watching Strictly Ballroom.  So good!

7 comments:

  1. you are so cute.
    and yay a TV!

    oh we have a yellow tv stand....

    K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's the thing...I think we're going to be buying the yellow one! I had to assure him that it wouldn't look bad in our apartment, the pop of color would be perfect.

      Delete
  2. I adore this look. :) And thanks for the inspiration to paint my bedside table yellow... I just gotta do it now to make me laugh.

    Dani Rose
    Sincerely, Dani Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just caught up after a few days of not reading and felt like a bad friend for not commenting sooner on your cute new 'do! I like it :) (Also I've only met you once in the crowed SLC terminal when I'm pretty sure I awkwardly said, "I know you." when clearly I didn't - I just wish I did!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Well thank you! It's been fun to have a change.

      Also, that was SO NOT awkward and I was so excited you said hello!! I think that was my birthday, too, and I spent the whole day travelling...so it was awesome to meet a new friend.

      Delete
  4. How AWKWARD that they were playing in a grocery store. I would have grabbed the carrots and moved on.

    Also, I love "Strictly Ballroom." It's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

oh, hey!

i think you're smart, pretty, and entitled to your own opinions.

i'd love it if the feeling was mutual!